We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary
- 2 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 3 Seine Dinner Cruise
- 4 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 5 ?Prague, Wroclaw, Krakow & Vienna???
- 6 Zagreb Airport to Ljubljana - Help!
- 7 One way car drop fee
- 8 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 9 Cornwall and Germany
- 10 Spain in February or March
- 11 My summer in Paris
- 12 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 13 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 14 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 15 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 16 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 17 Please Help - Poland - Prague - Vienna
- 18 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 19 Train/Subway Questions
- 20 Portugal - 2 weeks itinerary critique
- 21 Bus or car from Dubrovnik to Split
- 22 too many London hotels!
- 23 four old ladies in spain
- 24 Hotels - Rome
- 25 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples