We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 2 Italy and Croatia
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 St Germain
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 trip to norway
- 8 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 9 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 10 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 14 Cruise the River Shannon
- 15 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 16 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 17 Food tours in Rome?
- 18 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 19 Rome Food Tour
- 20 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 21 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 22 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 23 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 24 Help with England/Wales tour
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe