We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 2 Touring Wales
- 3 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 6 Sicily in 4 days
- 7 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 8 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 9 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 10 Cordoba or Granada?
- 11 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 12 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 13 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 14 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 15 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 16 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 17 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 18 Road Trip through Peloponnese
- 19 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 20 Dining with the writers
- 21 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 22 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 23 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 24 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 25 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler