We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 3 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 11 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 12 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 13 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 Vienna or Budapest?
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 14 nights in Europe
- 23 French immersion courses in France
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 First time to London - couple for lodging