We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 2 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 3 Germany for 3 weeks
- 4 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 5 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 6 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 7 Vienna and side trips
- 8 Nature of France
- 9 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 10 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 11 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 12 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 13 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 14 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 15 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 16 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 17 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 18 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 19 Gift for French business associate
- 20 Back to Provence in 2015
- 21 In Search of Wedding Shoes in Paris
- 22 where to base in Valle D itria
- 23 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 24 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 25 Where to park in Brussels