We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS
- 2 Towns around Lucca
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 6 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 7 Airline to Rome
- 8 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 9 Georgia in 4 days
- 10 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Dublin Luggage storage
- 13 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 14 Croatia short sail trip
- 15 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 16 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 19 Alitala
- 20 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 21 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 22 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 23 Which Hotel in Rome
- 24 First Solo Adventure
- 25 Travelling alone to Turkey @18