We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 2 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 3 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 4 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 5 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 10 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 11 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 12 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 13 Madrid: Flamenco
- 14 Madrid: City Views
- 15 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 16 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 17 German Rail Twin Pass
- 18 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 19 ITALO trains need help
- 20 London restaurants
- 21 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 22 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 25 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona