We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 2 milan austria
- 3 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 4 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 5 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 6 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 7 accomodation fo granada, malaga, ronda and cadiz
- 8 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 9 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 10 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 11 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 13 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 14 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 15 British Royals
- 16 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 17 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 18 Hotels in old Rome
- 19 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 20 France/Spain in june: Catalonia help, girona figures costa brava barcelona
- 21 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 23 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 24 ABOUT SPAIN
- 25 Trip from Vienna to Budapest