We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 Puglia and Matera
- 3 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 4 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 5 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 6 Are children really happy in their childhood?
- 7 Venice 2.25 day Itinerary
- 8 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 9 Train to Sorrento
- 10 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 11 Istabul to Plovdiv--how to get there?
- 12 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 13 Train tickets in Europe
- 14 Seafari Boat Tour
- 15 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 16 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
- 17 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 18 6 nights in Dublin
- 19 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 20 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 21 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 22 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 23 What to see in Madrid - by a local
- 24 Hungary outside of Budapest
- 25 One week in Budapest