We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 +91-8094945424 Love mantra to get back your lost love in Australia,
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 4 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 5 Greece Itinerary
- 6 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 7 Do you need a fake certificate?
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 10 Road Maps of Ireland
- 11 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Manchester on derby weekend
- 14 Rome to Positano
- 15 Day trips from Uzes
- 16 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 17 From London to Paris to US
- 18 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 19 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 20 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 23 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 24 Barcelona Car rental return
- 25 Stonehenge and Bath