We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona extension
- 2 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 3 Europe itinerary review
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 6 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 9 15 days trip to Europe
- 10 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 11 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 12 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 Vuerling airlines
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 17 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 18 France for a month in 2017
- 19 RENFE error message during payment
- 20 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 21 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Venice Film Fest
- 25 Europe itinerary