We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 time between trains from Frankfurt to Berlin
- 2 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 3 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 4 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 5 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 6 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 7 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 8 Dublin to Dingle?
- 9 How to get to Mallorca
- 10 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 11 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 12 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 13 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 14 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 15 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 16 Finalizing Itinerary
- 17 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 18 Road trip from St Remy to Nice
- 19 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 20 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 21 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 22 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 23 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 24 Switzerland 5 days
- 25 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne