We are a married couple of 29 and are planning to visit Turkey (Mainly Istanbul) and Greece (Athens and one Island) from 15th to 24th of August. Need some help in planning the itinerary.
P.S: I know 9 days is really too less for a trip to both Greece and Turkey but we have been wanting to do this for quite some time and given the airfares we cannot think of two separate trips to Turkey and Greece
1. We can't seem to finalize on if we should fly into Istanbul and fly out of Athens or vice versa. Open jaw ticket fares for both are in the same range and are almost at par with return tickets from either location. Need your suggestions on what would be the best option. Can we take a ferry from a Greek island to Turkey and then get to Istanbul from there?
2. We want to do Athens and one Greek island. Which one should we look at? Would probably be an island with connectivity to Turkey
3. Mid to end August would be too hot and humid? We are from India and are pretty used to the heat, but how bad does it really get?
4. Any suggestions how we should split the trip?
Thanks much in advance for all your suggestions!
Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 4 Arctic Circle in December
- 5 Catalonia
- 6 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 7 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 8 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 9 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 10 Macarons!
- 11 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 12 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 13 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 14 Sammezzano update
- 15 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 16 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 17 ideas for Portugal please
- 18 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 19 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 20 Transportation in Paris
- 21 airport transportation
- 22 2 Days in Brussels
- 23 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 24 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 25 Travel in Ireland in July 2015