I need help from anyone with experience in applying for a German Visa.
I am going to Germany(Munich) in late October for a scientific conference (I'm a grad student). My department is paying for the expenses.
The conference is for 1 week, and I plan to travel on my own afterwards for about 5-6 days.
- Which type of visa should I apply for? I read from somewhere that you should apply for tourist visa for a scientific conference.
- I have hotel reservations for the conference part, but I am planning to backpack and stay at hostels after the conference. How do I provide the reservations for those days if I don't have definite plans? Do I really need to reserve hotels for the whole trip?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of to not get the application rejected?
Thank you for all the help,
If I get the Visa approved then I can finally plan the actual trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 Ireland hotel questions
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 Places of interest
- 5 vienna
- 6 Questions about Polish sights
- 7 Croatia Ferry Help
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 10 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 getting to CDG
- 13 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 20 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 24 Barcelona cooking classes
- 25 Suggested Italy Itinerary