I need help from anyone with experience in applying for a German Visa.
I am going to Germany(Munich) in late October for a scientific conference (I'm a grad student). My department is paying for the expenses.
The conference is for 1 week, and I plan to travel on my own afterwards for about 5-6 days.
- Which type of visa should I apply for? I read from somewhere that you should apply for tourist visa for a scientific conference.
- I have hotel reservations for the conference part, but I am planning to backpack and stay at hostels after the conference. How do I provide the reservations for those days if I don't have definite plans? Do I really need to reserve hotels for the whole trip?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of to not get the application rejected?
Thank you for all the help,
If I get the Visa approved then I can finally plan the actual trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 8 Meteora for older folk
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 13 Athens
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Budapest & Prague
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Paris day trips August
- 25 Milan to Switzerland for skiing