I need help from anyone with experience in applying for a German Visa.
I am going to Germany(Munich) in late October for a scientific conference (I'm a grad student). My department is paying for the expenses.
The conference is for 1 week, and I plan to travel on my own afterwards for about 5-6 days.
- Which type of visa should I apply for? I read from somewhere that you should apply for tourist visa for a scientific conference.
- I have hotel reservations for the conference part, but I am planning to backpack and stay at hostels after the conference. How do I provide the reservations for those days if I don't have definite plans? Do I really need to reserve hotels for the whole trip?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of to not get the application rejected?
Thank you for all the help,
If I get the Visa approved then I can finally plan the actual trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 2 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 3 10 day Italy
- 4 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 7 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 8 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 Planning a European Trip
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 France, UK and Ireland
- 14 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 15 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 16 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 17 Ireland
- 18 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 19 What do after Bernia Express?
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 22 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now