This April, Hubby and I will be driving from Dublin to Cashel, Blarney, Killarney, Galway, then ending up at the Ashford Castle in Cong. If you've stayed at the Ashford Castle, I'd love to hear your review, and what you toured while in that area. I was also wondering the best route back to Dublin. We will be driving ourselves, and have just a day to do it. By the map I have, it looks like it would be best to go back to Galway, then we'd be able to stop at Athlone. We'd also like to stop at the ancient sites around Drogheda and Slane. Do we need to drive to Dublin and north from there? We need to return the car late that afternoon. Is there time for all of this? Thanks for any help!
Help with final leg of Ireland tour, Ashford Castle to Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 2 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 5 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 6 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Rovinj, Croatia
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Paris November 2014
- 16 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 17 Traveling in France by train
- 18 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 19 Unique Venice Activity
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 25 Special restaurants - recommendations needed