This April, Hubby and I will be driving from Dublin to Cashel, Blarney, Killarney, Galway, then ending up at the Ashford Castle in Cong. If you've stayed at the Ashford Castle, I'd love to hear your review, and what you toured while in that area. I was also wondering the best route back to Dublin. We will be driving ourselves, and have just a day to do it. By the map I have, it looks like it would be best to go back to Galway, then we'd be able to stop at Athlone. We'd also like to stop at the ancient sites around Drogheda and Slane. Do we need to drive to Dublin and north from there? We need to return the car late that afternoon. Is there time for all of this? Thanks for any help!
Help with final leg of Ireland tour, Ashford Castle to Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 3 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 4 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 5 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 6 Swiss rail passes
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 9 London day trips, especially castles
- 10 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 11 Hotel in Venice
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 13 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 16 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 17 Day trips from Marseille
- 18 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 19 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 20 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 Day trips