This April, Hubby and I will be driving from Dublin to Cashel, Blarney, Killarney, Galway, then ending up at the Ashford Castle in Cong. If you've stayed at the Ashford Castle, I'd love to hear your review, and what you toured while in that area. I was also wondering the best route back to Dublin. We will be driving ourselves, and have just a day to do it. By the map I have, it looks like it would be best to go back to Galway, then we'd be able to stop at Athlone. We'd also like to stop at the ancient sites around Drogheda and Slane. Do we need to drive to Dublin and north from there? We need to return the car late that afternoon. Is there time for all of this? Thanks for any help!
Help with final leg of Ireland tour, Ashford Castle to Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Raining in rome
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 7 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 8 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 11 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 12 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 13 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 14 Fabulous Palermo
- 15 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 16 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 19 Portugal in January
- 20 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 23 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 24 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 25 Naxos in May