We are planning a trip to Croatia for 6 days towards the end of August. We are ariving in Split by ferry from Ancona and will fly out of Dubrovnic 6 days(5 nights) later. We are not completely budget travellers but don't want to spend more than $120 per night. We love spending time on the beach and that is our main reason for the holiday.
This is the itinerary we have so far:
Day 1-3: Take a ferry from Split to Hvar and stay there 2 nights. Plan to stay in Hvar town?
Day 3-4: Travel to Korcula and spend the day and night there.
Day 4-6: Travel to Dubrovnic and spend 2 days and 2 nights there.
My questions are:
1. Do I need to book any ferry/bus in advance to get between these towns?
2. Have we split our time correctly? Is Korcula worth a visit?
3. We are not planning on renting a car, will we be fine with public transport?
4. Any suggestions on places to stay are appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 8 K-Day
- 9 ATM at airport
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Flat in London
- 13 Lay over time
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?