We are planning a trip to Croatia for 6 days towards the end of August. We are ariving in Split by ferry from Ancona and will fly out of Dubrovnic 6 days(5 nights) later. We are not completely budget travellers but don't want to spend more than $120 per night. We love spending time on the beach and that is our main reason for the holiday.
This is the itinerary we have so far:
Day 1-3: Take a ferry from Split to Hvar and stay there 2 nights. Plan to stay in Hvar town?
Day 3-4: Travel to Korcula and spend the day and night there.
Day 4-6: Travel to Dubrovnic and spend 2 days and 2 nights there.
My questions are:
1. Do I need to book any ferry/bus in advance to get between these towns?
2. Have we split our time correctly? Is Korcula worth a visit?
3. We are not planning on renting a car, will we be fine with public transport?
4. Any suggestions on places to stay are appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Help with Croatian Coast itinerary
- 1 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 2 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 3 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 4 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 5 Home base in Provence in July
- 6 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 7 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 8 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 9 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 10 Revamped Summer Plan - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 11 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 12 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 13 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 14 Northern Italy
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 17 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 18 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 19 Best area for wine and which one?
- 20 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 21 Four days to wander France???
- 22 jungfraujoch mid june
- 23 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 24 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 25 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist