We are planning a trip to Croatia for 6 days towards the end of August. We are ariving in Split by ferry from Ancona and will fly out of Dubrovnic 6 days(5 nights) later. We are not completely budget travellers but don't want to spend more than $120 per night. We love spending time on the beach and that is our main reason for the holiday.
This is the itinerary we have so far:
Day 1-3: Take a ferry from Split to Hvar and stay there 2 nights. Plan to stay in Hvar town?
Day 3-4: Travel to Korcula and spend the day and night there.
Day 4-6: Travel to Dubrovnic and spend 2 days and 2 nights there.
My questions are:
1. Do I need to book any ferry/bus in advance to get between these towns?
2. Have we split our time correctly? Is Korcula worth a visit?
3. We are not planning on renting a car, will we be fine with public transport?
4. Any suggestions on places to stay are appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 French theater in Paris
- 12 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 19 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Walking itinerary in England?
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Best way to learn a foreign language?