I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 2 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 3 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 4 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 5 Piazza Navona
- 6 Berlin to Barcelona
- 7 Venice at Christmas
- 8 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 9 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 10 Rhine River
- 11 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 12 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 13 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 14 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 15 Airtrain from Zurich to Basel info needed
- 16 Macedonia, Greece
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 19 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 20 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 21 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 22 Breakfast: London
- 23 Europe Itinerary
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 The highlands
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?