I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Ireland in a week
- 11 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 12 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 13 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 14 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 15 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 16 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 17 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 24 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome