I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?