I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sintra
- 2 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 3 One night in Rome
- 4 How the kids age calculated
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 Murren to Prague
- 7 What tips can you give about packing?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 14 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 15 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 16 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 17 Scotland Trip Report
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 22 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 23 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 Firt time VISA applicant
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?