I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and ?????
- 2 declare to furnish excessive-excessive-massive
- 3 So I am here revealing the secret of my muscular
- 4 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help
- 6 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 7 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 8 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 9 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 10 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 11 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 12 Charles Degaulle question
- 13 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 14 Amsterdam Hotel
- 15 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 16 FCO connection time
- 17 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva
- 18 Lagos Walking Tour
- 19 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 20 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 23 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 24 Euro 2016
- 25 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?