I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Pyrenees logistics
- 4 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 5 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 6 5 Observations About Paris
- 7 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 8 Portugal Trip
- 9 HELP people from DONBASS!
- 10 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 13 One week in Spain, late May
- 14 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 15 Northern Europe in April-May
- 16 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 17 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Normandy and Loire
- 20 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 21 malta
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Iwango went…to Nice
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 25 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy