I'm planning a trip for my family (with two young daughters) in October and so far so good. I'm now looking for somewhere to base ourselves for our last few days in the western side of Provence. (Luberon etc)
We're looking for a holiday rental, in a traditional gite or home, with some outdoor areas (fingers crossed for the weather that time of the year).
My dilemma is where to focus my search?
We'd like fairly easy access for day trips by car to Aix-en-Provence, Luberon Villages, Arles, St Remy,, Markets, cooking classes etc
Markets or Provisions or at least one cafe or restaurant within walking distance (15 mins)
Edge of village / town ok
View would be nice
We will have spent 4 days at St Paul de Vence, so a more peaceful & not so popular location would probably suit.
Our other bookings for this holiday include - apartment 1 week in Paris, Rural Gite in Burgundy, Apartment in old centre of Annecy, Quirky chalet one night in the alps.
I know this has been asked many times before by others. I've read through them all, but still need more direction.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 2 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 3 Paris to Ramstein
- 4 3 days with a Swindon base
- 5 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 6 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 7 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 8 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 9 Travel WiFi - France
- 10 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 11 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 RFID Protection
- 14 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 15 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 16 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 17 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 18 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 19 3 days to spend in europe
- 20 12 days europe
- 21 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 22 Beaches in Southern France
- 23 Rail pass question
- 24 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 25 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
Help with choosing (slightly less touristy) base in Provence?