Hello! We will be traveling through Italy during our honeymoon at the end of May and want to tour wineries in the Chianti region as we make our way down towards Rome. We have decided to hire a driver for this day since we'd like to taste wine and not worry about getting behind the wheel. We only have one day to dedicate to this area in Tuscany, so we need to maximize our time. At the same time we don't want to feel too incredibly rushed. So we were thinking of visiting/touring two wineries in the Chianti area and having lunch at one of them. We have been looking at Volpaia, Badia a Coltibuono and Castello di Meleto. We love charming, historic places and tours, so this is why these places appeal to us, in addition to the wine. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these locations and wineries? Are they difficult to get to? If you had to choose two of these due to time constraints, which two would you choose? They all three seem wonderful, so this has proved to be a very difficult decision! Thanks for your thoughts!
Help with Chianti itinerary please!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 7 More help with housing in Puglia
- 8 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 11 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 15 Dresden Train Station
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 18 rent car / Munich
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 24 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 25 Channel Islands