Hello! We will be traveling through Italy during our honeymoon at the end of May and want to tour wineries in the Chianti region as we make our way down towards Rome. We have decided to hire a driver for this day since we'd like to taste wine and not worry about getting behind the wheel. We only have one day to dedicate to this area in Tuscany, so we need to maximize our time. At the same time we don't want to feel too incredibly rushed. So we were thinking of visiting/touring two wineries in the Chianti area and having lunch at one of them. We have been looking at Volpaia, Badia a Coltibuono and Castello di Meleto. We love charming, historic places and tours, so this is why these places appeal to us, in addition to the wine. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these locations and wineries? Are they difficult to get to? If you had to choose two of these due to time constraints, which two would you choose? They all three seem wonderful, so this has proved to be a very difficult decision! Thanks for your thoughts!
Help with Chianti itinerary please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 22 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe