Hello! We will be traveling through Italy during our honeymoon at the end of May and want to tour wineries in the Chianti region as we make our way down towards Rome. We have decided to hire a driver for this day since we'd like to taste wine and not worry about getting behind the wheel. We only have one day to dedicate to this area in Tuscany, so we need to maximize our time. At the same time we don't want to feel too incredibly rushed. So we were thinking of visiting/touring two wineries in the Chianti area and having lunch at one of them. We have been looking at Volpaia, Badia a Coltibuono and Castello di Meleto. We love charming, historic places and tours, so this is why these places appeal to us, in addition to the wine. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these locations and wineries? Are they difficult to get to? If you had to choose two of these due to time constraints, which two would you choose? They all three seem wonderful, so this has proved to be a very difficult decision! Thanks for your thoughts!
Help with Chianti itinerary please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A drive in Europe
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 4 London hotel
- 5 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 10 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 tour guides in rome
- 18 one last portugal car rental question
- 19 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 20 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 25 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace