We are arriving on a Saturday evening in July having traveled from Colmar to Beaune. We will be staying in Beaune for 4 nights. ie. 3 full days. We are a family of 5, kids are 15,12 and 10. We like to stay at least one full day in the place of residence so here are my thoughts. Please help with advice and suggestions.
Day 1 Sunday: Morning in Beaune and afternoon hire bikes and do a section of the vine route towards Santenay.
Day 2 Monday.: I really wanted to visit some of the smaller villages. My heart is leaning towards Flavigny-sur-Ozerain[because of Chocolat movie], Semur-en-Auxois and Noyers[because i think they look beautiful]. I'm worried that this is just going to be too much for a day trip though. Advice please!
Day 3 Tuesday: Visit Dijon, do the owl trail etc. Should we visit Dijon as well on such a short trip or rather use that day in a different way.
Wed: Leave for Annecy.
For those who have stayed in this area before, what do you think?
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Final Four
- 2 Help with basic itinerary
- 3 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 4 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 5 Parking in Girona
- 6 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 7 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 8 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 9 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 10 SNCF - low price for summer
- 11 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 14 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 15 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 21 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 22 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Cinqueterre
- 25 Transportation Question Italy