We are arriving on a Saturday evening in July having traveled from Colmar to Beaune. We will be staying in Beaune for 4 nights. ie. 3 full days. We are a family of 5, kids are 15,12 and 10. We like to stay at least one full day in the place of residence so here are my thoughts. Please help with advice and suggestions.
Day 1 Sunday: Morning in Beaune and afternoon hire bikes and do a section of the vine route towards Santenay.
Day 2 Monday.: I really wanted to visit some of the smaller villages. My heart is leaning towards Flavigny-sur-Ozerain[because of Chocolat movie], Semur-en-Auxois and Noyers[because i think they look beautiful]. I'm worried that this is just going to be too much for a day trip though. Advice please!
Day 3 Tuesday: Visit Dijon, do the owl trail etc. Should we visit Dijon as well on such a short trip or rather use that day in a different way.
Wed: Leave for Annecy.
For those who have stayed in this area before, what do you think?
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 Spain - day driver advice
- 6 Stuck in Paris
- 7 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 8 Greece
- 9 Ex-pats with young kids
- 10 Iceland france spain
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 16 Paris hotel
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 23 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 24 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice