Me and my husband with our two children 15 and 13 years old are heading to Black Forest area on 25th of October. We will arrive at Frankfurt airport from Berlin (by train) to receive our rented car then to our pre-booked farm house in a village near Linden (some where in the east of the forest).
We will stay 5 nights and this is our primary itinerary. I need your expert suggestions of any modifications. We don't plan to hiking or dining but only to getting around to picturesque places, beautiful nature, culture and history. We are also able to go to a lot of places in one day and love walking and not get tired quickly.
25 October: Frankfurt airport (13:30 pm) to the farmhouse in Tennenbronn Schramberg (3 hours drive) then walking in the area around the house in the forest.
26 October: driving in the early morning to Triberger falls then to Titisee lake then to Todtnau falls and the roller coaster and may be the cable cars.
27 October: driving in the early morning to Colmar (France) then to Strasburg.
28 October driving to Europpark (for my kids).
29 October, I am not decided yet to drive to Interlaken in Switzerland (3 hours drive) because I had been there before and my kids are not, they would love to see the high range mountains of the Alps. We can start the journey at 6 am arrive at 9 am then leave at 4 or 5 pm (sunset in this area is around 5pm), we may be able to pass by the Rhine falls.
Or to go to Baden-Baden but if it is similar to Strasburg or Colmar they will be enough.
I heard also of the open air museum I don't know where is it and on which day can be done. I would like also to see the coco clock making and may be a castle or something.
I want also to ask about two things
1-parking fees at the Europpark
2-weather in late October
I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance, I always relied on your suggestions in all my previous trips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 7 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Sim Card Options
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Day trip ideas
- 17 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 18 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 19 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 20 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 21 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 24 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?