Me and my husband with our two children 15 and 13 years old are heading to Black Forest area on 25th of October. We will arrive at Frankfurt airport from Berlin (by train) to receive our rented car then to our pre-booked farm house in a village near Linden (some where in the east of the forest).
We will stay 5 nights and this is our primary itinerary. I need your expert suggestions of any modifications. We don't plan to hiking or dining but only to getting around to picturesque places, beautiful nature, culture and history. We are also able to go to a lot of places in one day and love walking and not get tired quickly.
25 October: Frankfurt airport (13:30 pm) to the farmhouse in Tennenbronn Schramberg (3 hours drive) then walking in the area around the house in the forest.
26 October: driving in the early morning to Triberger falls then to Titisee lake then to Todtnau falls and the roller coaster and may be the cable cars.
27 October: driving in the early morning to Colmar (France) then to Strasburg.
28 October driving to Europpark (for my kids).
29 October, I am not decided yet to drive to Interlaken in Switzerland (3 hours drive) because I had been there before and my kids are not, they would love to see the high range mountains of the Alps. We can start the journey at 6 am arrive at 9 am then leave at 4 or 5 pm (sunset in this area is around 5pm), we may be able to pass by the Rhine falls.
Or to go to Baden-Baden but if it is similar to Strasburg or Colmar they will be enough.
I heard also of the open air museum I don't know where is it and on which day can be done. I would like also to see the coco clock making and may be a castle or something.
I want also to ask about two things
1-parking fees at the Europpark
2-weather in late October
I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance, I always relied on your suggestions in all my previous trips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les Invalides Night Show
- 2 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Which Day?
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 10 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 14 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 22 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 23 Shorts in South of France?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Europe itinerary help!