Me and my husband with our two children 15 and 13 years old are heading to Black Forest area on 25th of October. We will arrive at Frankfurt airport from Berlin (by train) to receive our rented car then to our pre-booked farm house in a village near Linden (some where in the east of the forest).
We will stay 5 nights and this is our primary itinerary. I need your expert suggestions of any modifications. We don't plan to hiking or dining but only to getting around to picturesque places, beautiful nature, culture and history. We are also able to go to a lot of places in one day and love walking and not get tired quickly.
25 October: Frankfurt airport (13:30 pm) to the farmhouse in Tennenbronn Schramberg (3 hours drive) then walking in the area around the house in the forest.
26 October: driving in the early morning to Triberger falls then to Titisee lake then to Todtnau falls and the roller coaster and may be the cable cars.
27 October: driving in the early morning to Colmar (France) then to Strasburg.
28 October driving to Europpark (for my kids).
29 October, I am not decided yet to drive to Interlaken in Switzerland (3 hours drive) because I had been there before and my kids are not, they would love to see the high range mountains of the Alps. We can start the journey at 6 am arrive at 9 am then leave at 4 or 5 pm (sunset in this area is around 5pm), we may be able to pass by the Rhine falls.
Or to go to Baden-Baden but if it is similar to Strasburg or Colmar they will be enough.
I heard also of the open air museum I don't know where is it and on which day can be done. I would like also to see the coco clock making and may be a castle or something.
I want also to ask about two things
1-parking fees at the Europpark
2-weather in late October
I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance, I always relied on your suggestions in all my previous trips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 magnified mirror
- 3 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 4 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 10 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 San Sebastián
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 italy Cinque Terre
- 20 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 21 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 22 Can parking
- 23 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area