We are planning a summer trip to Belgium-Holland (about 10 people incl. kids). Since we have kids with us and because we like to stay at least 2 nites in most places - this is is what we have come up with :
Day 1 : Arrive Amsterdam (Base in Netherlands) Explore Amsterdam
Day 2 - Explore Amsterdam
Day 3 : Amsterdam (Suggested day trips : Edam/Alkmaar (cheese markets), harlem/leiden,zanse schans)
Day 4 Amsterdam (Suggested day trips : Edam/Alkmaar (cheese markets), harlem/leiden,zanse schans)
Day 5 - Amsterdam with day trip to The Hague (1 hour train ride from amsterdam)
Day 6 - Fly Amsterdam to Brussels (Base in Belgium) - Explore Brussels
Day 7 - Explore Brussels
Day 8 - Day trip to Antwerp (1.5 hours by train from brussels)
Day 9 - Day trip to Ghent (30 minutes by train from Brussels)
Day 10 - Day trip to Bruges (1 hour by train from Brussels)
Day 11 - Fly out of Brussels
1. Will the above work or should we spend more / less time in certain places
2. Is there a train between Amsterdam and Brussels that we should take instead of flying?
3. Should we add places which are not on here or remove places?
In all we can spend about 14 days including travel time - so the current itinerary does leave us with a couple of days in hand
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 2 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 3 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Versailles
- 22 Where to enjoy Paris
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 25 Milan to Switzerland for skiing