My daughter and I are spending 2 weeks in Austria and southern Germany. Starting with 4 days in Vienna and ending with 4 days in Munich. Looking for help in the middle. Our thought right now is to leave Vienna by train on day 5 by way of Halstatt and spend the next 2 nights in Salzburg. Rent a car there (is it a problem to rent in Austria and return in Germany) and spend the next 6 days wandering aroung Tirol and Bavaria. My daughter would like to be in Rothenburg the last night before heading back to Munich so we're looking for suggestions that include that in the loop. Because it's the middle of October, weren't sure if the weather should be a consideration of where we go. Never driven ourselves in Europe so a little nervous but looking for a new adventure! Thanks for any help!
Help with Bavaria Trip in October
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Travel by train or bus
- 5 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 6 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 first european holiday itinery
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 15 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 18 Cyprus in December
- 19 Cyprus photo gallery
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Which travel plan?
- 23 Florence in October
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Looking for a serviced apartment in York