My daughter and I are spending 2 weeks in Austria and southern Germany. Starting with 4 days in Vienna and ending with 4 days in Munich. Looking for help in the middle. Our thought right now is to leave Vienna by train on day 5 by way of Halstatt and spend the next 2 nights in Salzburg. Rent a car there (is it a problem to rent in Austria and return in Germany) and spend the next 6 days wandering aroung Tirol and Bavaria. My daughter would like to be in Rothenburg the last night before heading back to Munich so we're looking for suggestions that include that in the loop. Because it's the middle of October, weren't sure if the weather should be a consideration of where we go. Never driven ourselves in Europe so a little nervous but looking for a new adventure! Thanks for any help!
Help with Bavaria Trip in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 Flam, Norway railway
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 11 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 12 Sicily Suggetions
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 19 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 20 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 21 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 22 quiet hotel
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Venice hotel selection