My daughter and I are spending 2 weeks in Austria and southern Germany. Starting with 4 days in Vienna and ending with 4 days in Munich. Looking for help in the middle. Our thought right now is to leave Vienna by train on day 5 by way of Halstatt and spend the next 2 nights in Salzburg. Rent a car there (is it a problem to rent in Austria and return in Germany) and spend the next 6 days wandering aroung Tirol and Bavaria. My daughter would like to be in Rothenburg the last night before heading back to Munich so we're looking for suggestions that include that in the loop. Because it's the middle of October, weren't sure if the weather should be a consideration of where we go. Never driven ourselves in Europe so a little nervous but looking for a new adventure! Thanks for any help!
Help with Bavaria Trip in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 3 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 4 Need help with itinerary
- 5 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 6 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 7 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 8 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 9 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 10 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 11 First Trip to Europe
- 12 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 13 Expat area's in France
- 14 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 15 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 16 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 17 One month (ish) in Spain
- 18 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 19 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 20 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 21 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 22 La Sagrada Familia
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 Where to stay in London
- 25 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.