My daughter and I are spending 2 weeks in Austria and southern Germany. Starting with 4 days in Vienna and ending with 4 days in Munich. Looking for help in the middle. Our thought right now is to leave Vienna by train on day 5 by way of Halstatt and spend the next 2 nights in Salzburg. Rent a car there (is it a problem to rent in Austria and return in Germany) and spend the next 6 days wandering aroung Tirol and Bavaria. My daughter would like to be in Rothenburg the last night before heading back to Munich so we're looking for suggestions that include that in the loop. Because it's the middle of October, weren't sure if the weather should be a consideration of where we go. Never driven ourselves in Europe so a little nervous but looking for a new adventure! Thanks for any help!
Help with Bavaria Trip in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 4 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 6 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 7 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 Is my plan ok
- 13 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 18 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 19 Southern Spain
- 20 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 21 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Luggage storage in Barcelona