My daughter and I are spending 2 weeks in Austria and southern Germany. Starting with 4 days in Vienna and ending with 4 days in Munich. Looking for help in the middle. Our thought right now is to leave Vienna by train on day 5 by way of Halstatt and spend the next 2 nights in Salzburg. Rent a car there (is it a problem to rent in Austria and return in Germany) and spend the next 6 days wandering aroung Tirol and Bavaria. My daughter would like to be in Rothenburg the last night before heading back to Munich so we're looking for suggestions that include that in the loop. Because it's the middle of October, weren't sure if the weather should be a consideration of where we go. Never driven ourselves in Europe so a little nervous but looking for a new adventure! Thanks for any help!
Help with Bavaria Trip in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 2 A week in Paris
- 3 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 4 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 5 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 6 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 7 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 8 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 9 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Is Capri overrated?
- 11 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 12 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 13 9 days on amalfi coast
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 16 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 17 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 18 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 19 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 20 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 21 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 22 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 23 Which tour would you choose?
- 24 London and nearby suggestions
- 25 Need help with our itinerary