Please, help to decide.
We are going to travel to Italy for 15 days next June. We would like take 4-5 days break between Florence and Venice in a little town where we can relax, do some hiking and/or short bus/train trips and come back every night for dinner and evening stroll on lovely promenade or main street. Somebody recommended Cinque Terre with Lerichi , Portovenere, Levanto, Sestri Levante even Santa Margherita Ligure as good budget base. Which one better? We are not going to have a car. We thinking to rent a condo/apartment with refrigerator in order to have a breakfast and sometimes lunch and eat out in the evening. We are less interested in the beaches, water is too cold in June for us.
Our doughtier like evening stroll, seat in cafe and do “people watching”, she never been to Europe before, so this city break is mostly for her, she is graduating high school this year and more interested to see people then historic stuff.
But after reading comments about overcrowding in 5T ,I am not sure what to do. Should we stay in other places in Liguria, away from 5T, or should we choose place in another area of Italy with good views and hiking?
We are open for any recommendations.
Itinerary from 5/30/2016 - Rome 3-4 days, Florence 4-5 days, unknown little town 5 days, Venice 2-3 days. Flying back to US from Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 4 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 11 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 17 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Dijon in December!
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France
Please, help to decide.