Please, help to decide.
We are going to travel to Italy for 15 days next June. We would like take 4-5 days break between Florence and Venice in a little town where we can relax, do some hiking and/or short bus/train trips and come back every night for dinner and evening stroll on lovely promenade or main street. Somebody recommended Cinque Terre with Lerichi , Portovenere, Levanto, Sestri Levante even Santa Margherita Ligure as good budget base. Which one better? We are not going to have a car. We thinking to rent a condo/apartment with refrigerator in order to have a breakfast and sometimes lunch and eat out in the evening. We are less interested in the beaches, water is too cold in June for us.
Our doughtier like evening stroll, seat in cafe and do “people watching”, she never been to Europe before, so this city break is mostly for her, she is graduating high school this year and more interested to see people then historic stuff.
But after reading comments about overcrowding in 5T ,I am not sure what to do. Should we stay in other places in Liguria, away from 5T, or should we choose place in another area of Italy with good views and hiking?
We are open for any recommendations.
Itinerary from 5/30/2016 - Rome 3-4 days, Florence 4-5 days, unknown little town 5 days, Venice 2-3 days. Flying back to US from Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 4 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 10 days in London in early December
- 12 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 13 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 19 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 20 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 21 Scotland in December
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 24 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
Please, help to decide.