Bikerscott and I are off to Barcelona and San Sebastián next month and having never been to Spain I could really use your help!
Our main interests are food, wine and photography. Sorry, not art fans here, shameful I know! Will definitely stop off at the market at some point as well. Based on this we have the following planned:
We land in Barcelona the morning of Saturday 12 April. No real plans this day...just want to walk around the gothic area and hit up some wine bars. Dinner reservations tonight at Tickets.
Sunday 13 April we plan to tour Casa Batllo first thing at 9am. We will buy tickets in advance. We then plan to hit up some wine bars etc in the afternoon, wander neighbourhoods etc. We plan to then tour Casa Mila at the last entry 18:30, will buy tickets in advance.
As this is Sunday - any great recommendations for dinner?
Monday 14 April we plan to tour La Sagrada Familia and will book the guided tour in advance. No plans for the rest of the day - may go to Parc Guell but not too stressed about missing that.
Tuesday 15 April we plan to tour Palau de Musica, booking the first tour of the day in advance.
Wed we fly to San Sebastián.
I know it doesn't look like much but we enjoy doing 1-2 sites a day and then wandering taking photos, chilling in wine bars etc.
Do the days make sense for what we have planned?
Does anyone have a recommendation for Sunday dinner?
Any great wine bars you can recommend?
We will have a transit pass so don't mind heading out of centre for great food!
Thanks for the help and we will pay it back with a trip report as usual!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 4 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 5 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 21 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 25 Driving in Saint Emilion