Bikerscott and I are off to Barcelona and San Sebastián next month and having never been to Spain I could really use your help!
Our main interests are food, wine and photography. Sorry, not art fans here, shameful I know! Will definitely stop off at the market at some point as well. Based on this we have the following planned:
We land in Barcelona the morning of Saturday 12 April. No real plans this day...just want to walk around the gothic area and hit up some wine bars. Dinner reservations tonight at Tickets.
Sunday 13 April we plan to tour Casa Batllo first thing at 9am. We will buy tickets in advance. We then plan to hit up some wine bars etc in the afternoon, wander neighbourhoods etc. We plan to then tour Casa Mila at the last entry 18:30, will buy tickets in advance.
As this is Sunday - any great recommendations for dinner?
Monday 14 April we plan to tour La Sagrada Familia and will book the guided tour in advance. No plans for the rest of the day - may go to Parc Guell but not too stressed about missing that.
Tuesday 15 April we plan to tour Palau de Musica, booking the first tour of the day in advance.
Wed we fly to San Sebastián.
I know it doesn't look like much but we enjoy doing 1-2 sites a day and then wandering taking photos, chilling in wine bars etc.
Do the days make sense for what we have planned?
Does anyone have a recommendation for Sunday dinner?
Any great wine bars you can recommend?
We will have a transit pass so don't mind heading out of centre for great food!
Thanks for the help and we will pay it back with a trip report as usual!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Tower
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 6 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 7 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 8 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 9 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 10 6 Days in Italy
- 11 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 12 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 13 Helpful Hint
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 16 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 17 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Finland around Christmas time?
- 20 monograms vacation tours
- 21 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 25 Crete Holiday