My fiancé and I are flying into Rome August 16 and out of Venice August 30 (I know August isn't ideal, but I'm a teacher). We already booked the hotel in Rome for 4 nights and were planning to fly into Sardinia for 3 nights but decided against it, so now we have 3 days to fill up. The thing is, we also booked the hotel in Florence for 3 nights assuming we would fly from Sardinia into Florence. So, this is what our itinerary looks like right now:
August 16-19: Rome (including a day trip to Pompeii?) [BOOKED HOTEL for 4 nights]
August 20-22: ?????
August 23-25: Florence [BOOKED HOTEL for 3 nights]
August 26: Siena?
August 27: Cinque Terre?
August 28-29: Venice
We are 28 years old and we love: drinking wine, dancing, eating (my fiancé is a huge foodie), art, history and local culture. We understand that covering a lot of territory will be tiresome, but we look forward to unwinding at the end of each night with a good meal and a bottle (or two) of wine. Also, this is our honeymoon trip, so we'd like to squeeze some romance in there if possible
We would appreciate any and all input, thanks in advance!!!
p.s. We are NOT interested in visiting Milan (I've been there before and did not enjoy it at all!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 2 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 3 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 4 London Restaurants
- 5 Corsica
- 6 17 days in England
- 7 VENICE
- 8 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 9 London best location
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 13 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 14 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 15 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 18 travel around Spain
- 19 Train up the Jungfrau
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 24 CDG to Marais transfer
- 25 Train from Charles de Gaulle