My fiancé and I are flying into Rome August 16 and out of Venice August 30 (I know August isn't ideal, but I'm a teacher). We already booked the hotel in Rome for 4 nights and were planning to fly into Sardinia for 3 nights but decided against it, so now we have 3 days to fill up. The thing is, we also booked the hotel in Florence for 3 nights assuming we would fly from Sardinia into Florence. So, this is what our itinerary looks like right now:
August 16-19: Rome (including a day trip to Pompeii?) [BOOKED HOTEL for 4 nights]
August 20-22: ?????
August 23-25: Florence [BOOKED HOTEL for 3 nights]
August 26: Siena?
August 27: Cinque Terre?
August 28-29: Venice
We are 28 years old and we love: drinking wine, dancing, eating (my fiancé is a huge foodie), art, history and local culture. We understand that covering a lot of territory will be tiresome, but we look forward to unwinding at the end of each night with a good meal and a bottle (or two) of wine. Also, this is our honeymoon trip, so we'd like to squeeze some romance in there if possible
We would appreciate any and all input, thanks in advance!!!
p.s. We are NOT interested in visiting Milan (I've been there before and did not enjoy it at all!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 usa: YAHOO. Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830 YAHOO. MAIL 24*7
- 2 Toll-Free : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 Paris and Normandy
- 8 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 12 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 13 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 14 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 15 London in Winter Report
- 16 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 17 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Airport Transit Visa
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 22 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 23 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 24 Paris advice with kids
- 25 Anniversary trip to France