My fiancé and I are flying into Rome August 16 and out of Venice August 30 (I know August isn't ideal, but I'm a teacher). We already booked the hotel in Rome for 4 nights and were planning to fly into Sardinia for 3 nights but decided against it, so now we have 3 days to fill up. The thing is, we also booked the hotel in Florence for 3 nights assuming we would fly from Sardinia into Florence. So, this is what our itinerary looks like right now:
August 16-19: Rome (including a day trip to Pompeii?) [BOOKED HOTEL for 4 nights]
August 20-22: ?????
August 23-25: Florence [BOOKED HOTEL for 3 nights]
August 26: Siena?
August 27: Cinque Terre?
August 28-29: Venice
We are 28 years old and we love: drinking wine, dancing, eating (my fiancé is a huge foodie), art, history and local culture. We understand that covering a lot of territory will be tiresome, but we look forward to unwinding at the end of each night with a good meal and a bottle (or two) of wine. Also, this is our honeymoon trip, so we'd like to squeeze some romance in there if possible
We would appreciate any and all input, thanks in advance!!!
p.s. We are NOT interested in visiting Milan (I've been there before and did not enjoy it at all!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 5 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 8 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 11 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 18 Long weekend in Albania
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 car rental
- 21 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Munich and....???
- 25 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)