I'm in the middle of planning a trip to Spain. We've been to Barcelona before but, that's it so we have a lot of areas that we'd like to cover. We have about 2 weeks for the trip. I have some specific questions that I'm hope people can help me with. I haven't had too much luck finding this information online. It's still up in the air whether we'll have a car for the trip or, maybe we'll just rent one as needed.
1. While in the south we're planning to visit Alhambra. We do plan to take a tour and I think most of the tours I looked at would take less than half a day. We really enjoy hiking so wondered if there are any trails right there where we could walk/hike without a tour?
2. We're considering hotels in Estepona. Does anyone know if there's public transportation by bus or train between Estepona and Ronda? We'd like to spend a day in Ronda and we're not sure if a car would be the best option in terms of transportation. Also, it looks like we could potentially be in Estepona during the town festival. Is that a good or a bad idea? Just not sure how crazy that might be. Hopefully it's a fun thing!
3. Last question---we do plan to rent a car and drive to Gibralter for the day. Is parking a problem in early June?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 2 What to do in Stockholm for 4 hours
- 3 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 4 20 free days of Europe
- 5 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 6 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 7 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 8 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 9 Norfolk base
- 10 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 11 italy itinerary
- 12 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 13 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 14 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 15 Small town near Grenada?
- 16 Rome Rental Car
- 17 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 20 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 21 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 22 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 23 Berlin restaurant recs
- 24 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 25 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017