I'm in the middle of planning a trip to Spain. We've been to Barcelona before but, that's it so we have a lot of areas that we'd like to cover. We have about 2 weeks for the trip. I have some specific questions that I'm hope people can help me with. I haven't had too much luck finding this information online. It's still up in the air whether we'll have a car for the trip or, maybe we'll just rent one as needed.
1. While in the south we're planning to visit Alhambra. We do plan to take a tour and I think most of the tours I looked at would take less than half a day. We really enjoy hiking so wondered if there are any trails right there where we could walk/hike without a tour?
2. We're considering hotels in Estepona. Does anyone know if there's public transportation by bus or train between Estepona and Ronda? We'd like to spend a day in Ronda and we're not sure if a car would be the best option in terms of transportation. Also, it looks like we could potentially be in Estepona during the town festival. Is that a good or a bad idea? Just not sure how crazy that might be. Hopefully it's a fun thing!
3. Last question---we do plan to rent a car and drive to Gibralter for the day. Is parking a problem in early June?
Help with an upcoming trip to Spain please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 Favorite things to do in London
- 5 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Museum Pass
- 8 Tram to Airport
- 9 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 10 3 days in Bordeaux
- 11 Tipping in the UK
- 12 Recommendations for a Paris Apartment Rental Agency
- 13 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 14 Taxi or bus from Lucca?
- 15 4 days in lake region
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 17 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 18 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 19 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 20 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 21 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 22 7 countries in a month
- 23 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 24 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 25 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014