Planning a 25th anniversary trip to the Amalfi Coast. Have taken tons of notes from forums and trip reports already, but still need some advice. We will be traveling early May from NYC airport via connection into Naples. We have 8 days. Want to stay in Positano and Capri, with day trips to anacapri, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ravello and Amalfi. Looking into La Serinuse in Positano and La Minerva in Capri. Splurges for us, but it is a special occasion.
My questions are:
Logistically, how to split the trip? Possibly 3 nights Capri and 4 nights Positano. Transportation-wise, what to you recommend? Where to go first and when to fit in a day trip to Pompei? Will it be easier to get to Naples airport on day of departure from Capri orPositano?
Definitely not interested in renting a car. Is the bus the best way to visit the amalfi cities or via ferry?
Anyone have first hand experience with these hotels?
Can anyone recommend car service for drive to Positano or day trip to Pompei?
And any favorite restaurants, tips or experiences that you really enjoyed would be most appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Super Cover For Hertz
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 5 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 6 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 7 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 8 Hotel in Vienna
- 9 Baby Milk
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Granada to Madrid
- 18 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 19 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 20 Tour groups
- 21 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 24 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 25 English Countryside