Planning a 25th anniversary trip to the Amalfi Coast. Have taken tons of notes from forums and trip reports already, but still need some advice. We will be traveling early May from NYC airport via connection into Naples. We have 8 days. Want to stay in Positano and Capri, with day trips to anacapri, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ravello and Amalfi. Looking into La Serinuse in Positano and La Minerva in Capri. Splurges for us, but it is a special occasion.
My questions are:
Logistically, how to split the trip? Possibly 3 nights Capri and 4 nights Positano. Transportation-wise, what to you recommend? Where to go first and when to fit in a day trip to Pompei? Will it be easier to get to Naples airport on day of departure from Capri orPositano?
Definitely not interested in renting a car. Is the bus the best way to visit the amalfi cities or via ferry?
Anyone have first hand experience with these hotels?
Can anyone recommend car service for drive to Positano or day trip to Pompei?
And any favorite restaurants, tips or experiences that you really enjoyed would be most appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 4 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Barcelona - places to stay
- 11 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 12 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 13 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 14 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 15 Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Palermo Apartment
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 SURPRISE TRIP
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition