Planning a 25th anniversary trip to the Amalfi Coast. Have taken tons of notes from forums and trip reports already, but still need some advice. We will be traveling early May from NYC airport via connection into Naples. We have 8 days. Want to stay in Positano and Capri, with day trips to anacapri, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ravello and Amalfi. Looking into La Serinuse in Positano and La Minerva in Capri. Splurges for us, but it is a special occasion.
My questions are:
Logistically, how to split the trip? Possibly 3 nights Capri and 4 nights Positano. Transportation-wise, what to you recommend? Where to go first and when to fit in a day trip to Pompei? Will it be easier to get to Naples airport on day of departure from Capri orPositano?
Definitely not interested in renting a car. Is the bus the best way to visit the amalfi cities or via ferry?
Anyone have first hand experience with these hotels?
Can anyone recommend car service for drive to Positano or day trip to Pompei?
And any favorite restaurants, tips or experiences that you really enjoyed would be most appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 2 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 3 썬시티카지노⋞」♨「( SO224。COM )」♨「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 4 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Germany train help!
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Versailles
- 11 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 12 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 15 Petrol in Greece
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Where to enjoy Paris
- 20 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 23 Meteora for older folk
- 24 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 25 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France