Planning a 25th anniversary trip to the Amalfi Coast. Have taken tons of notes from forums and trip reports already, but still need some advice. We will be traveling early May from NYC airport via connection into Naples. We have 8 days. Want to stay in Positano and Capri, with day trips to anacapri, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ravello and Amalfi. Looking into La Serinuse in Positano and La Minerva in Capri. Splurges for us, but it is a special occasion.
My questions are:
Logistically, how to split the trip? Possibly 3 nights Capri and 4 nights Positano. Transportation-wise, what to you recommend? Where to go first and when to fit in a day trip to Pompei? Will it be easier to get to Naples airport on day of departure from Capri orPositano?
Definitely not interested in renting a car. Is the bus the best way to visit the amalfi cities or via ferry?
Anyone have first hand experience with these hotels?
Can anyone recommend car service for drive to Positano or day trip to Pompei?
And any favorite restaurants, tips or experiences that you really enjoyed would be most appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Train / Calabria
- 3 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 9 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Lisbon - a few tips
- 13 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 14 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 21 European Vacation 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 24 Need help in completing trip details
- 25 Odd Question - freezer and microwave