Spending at least 3 days exploring the area including the castles, Zugspitz, Obergammergau, Innsbruck etc. We have a car we are picking up outside of Salzburg and are looking for a great base to explore that is picturesque, pretty easy to get to and someplace to come home to at night that we can wander the town, eat well and relax. Top contenders are Hall, Mittenwald and Reutte. Larger options are Innsbruck, Garmisch and Fussen. Would love some opinions about accessibility and accomodations. Mittenwald sounds great but is the road really twisty to come home to at night? Thanks so much for your help.
help with a base in Southern Bavaria/Tirol
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 3 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 4 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 8 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 9 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 16 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Europe in 21 days
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Spain Questions