Spending at least 3 days exploring the area including the castles, Zugspitz, Obergammergau, Innsbruck etc. We have a car we are picking up outside of Salzburg and are looking for a great base to explore that is picturesque, pretty easy to get to and someplace to come home to at night that we can wander the town, eat well and relax. Top contenders are Hall, Mittenwald and Reutte. Larger options are Innsbruck, Garmisch and Fussen. Would love some opinions about accessibility and accomodations. Mittenwald sounds great but is the road really twisty to come home to at night? Thanks so much for your help.
help with a base in Southern Bavaria/Tirol
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 first european holiday itinery
- 14 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 15 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 Travel by train or bus
- 20 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 21 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 22 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 23 Cyprus in December
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Which travel plan?