Spending at least 3 days exploring the area including the castles, Zugspitz, Obergammergau, Innsbruck etc. We have a car we are picking up outside of Salzburg and are looking for a great base to explore that is picturesque, pretty easy to get to and someplace to come home to at night that we can wander the town, eat well and relax. Top contenders are Hall, Mittenwald and Reutte. Larger options are Innsbruck, Garmisch and Fussen. Would love some opinions about accessibility and accomodations. Mittenwald sounds great but is the road really twisty to come home to at night? Thanks so much for your help.
help with a base in Southern Bavaria/Tirol
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 7 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 8 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 9 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 10 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 11 Internet or travel agent?
- 12 Paris and where else?
- 13 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 14 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 15 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 16 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 17 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 18 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 19 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 20 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 21 Christmas windows in Paris
- 22 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 23 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 24 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 25 Autumn in Paris