I am planning to spend 6 days (nights) in June in Provence. I have read up some of Provence threads from Fodorists and come up with the following itinerary (in part due to limited supply of hotel rooms -- end up splitting my stay in 3 different places). Comments from all Provence experts are very welcome:
Thurs: TGV to Avignon; pick-up car -- visit Avignon -- Vaison-la-Romaine -- Stay in Vaison-la-Romaine for 2 nights
Fri: Dentelles Loop (visit Seguret, Gigongdas, Beaumes des Venise) -- Chateauneuf du Pape (Beaucastel tour)
Sat: Gordes -- Senanque Abbey -- Oppede-le-Vieux -- Menerbes -- Bonnieux -- Saignon Roussilon; Stay in Roussillon for 2 nights
Sun: L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (Sun market, arrived before 830) -- Stu’s Lavender tour
Mon: Arles -- Pont du Gard -- Saint Remy; Stay in Saint Remy for 2 nights
Tue: Aix (market day) -- Les Buaux de Provence -- Back to St Remy
Wed: Return car in Avignon; return to Paris
How does it look like?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Another Book List for Italy
- 3 Antiques shopping Rome
- 4 Must sees in Malaga
- 5 Scotland Trip Planning
- 6 Italy train question
- 7 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 8 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 9 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 10 Two Weeks in Europe
- 11 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 16 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 17 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 18 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 19 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 20 Venice - a day open
- 21 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 22 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 23 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 24 Walking in Hamburg
- 25 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye