I am planning to spend 6 days (nights) in June in Provence. I have read up some of Provence threads from Fodorists and come up with the following itinerary (in part due to limited supply of hotel rooms -- end up splitting my stay in 3 different places). Comments from all Provence experts are very welcome:
Thurs: TGV to Avignon; pick-up car -- visit Avignon -- Vaison-la-Romaine -- Stay in Vaison-la-Romaine for 2 nights
Fri: Dentelles Loop (visit Seguret, Gigongdas, Beaumes des Venise) -- Chateauneuf du Pape (Beaucastel tour)
Sat: Gordes -- Senanque Abbey -- Oppede-le-Vieux -- Menerbes -- Bonnieux -- Saignon Roussilon; Stay in Roussillon for 2 nights
Sun: L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (Sun market, arrived before 830) -- Stu’s Lavender tour
Mon: Arles -- Pont du Gard -- Saint Remy; Stay in Saint Remy for 2 nights
Tue: Aix (market day) -- Les Buaux de Provence -- Back to St Remy
Wed: Return car in Avignon; return to Paris
How does it look like?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 4 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 Route des Vins
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 2 days in Florence
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 13 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 21 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 22 Windsor Castle
- 23 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 24 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 25 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer