I am planning to spend 6 days (nights) in June in Provence. I have read up some of Provence threads from Fodorists and come up with the following itinerary (in part due to limited supply of hotel rooms -- end up splitting my stay in 3 different places). Comments from all Provence experts are very welcome:
Thurs: TGV to Avignon; pick-up car -- visit Avignon -- Vaison-la-Romaine -- Stay in Vaison-la-Romaine for 2 nights
Fri: Dentelles Loop (visit Seguret, Gigongdas, Beaumes des Venise) -- Chateauneuf du Pape (Beaucastel tour)
Sat: Gordes -- Senanque Abbey -- Oppede-le-Vieux -- Menerbes -- Bonnieux -- Saignon Roussilon; Stay in Roussillon for 2 nights
Sun: L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (Sun market, arrived before 830) -- Stu’s Lavender tour
Mon: Arles -- Pont du Gard -- Saint Remy; Stay in Saint Remy for 2 nights
Tue: Aix (market day) -- Les Buaux de Provence -- Back to St Remy
Wed: Return car in Avignon; return to Paris
How does it look like?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 8 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 9 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Trogir or Split
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Edinbrugh
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 20 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 23 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 24 Maximizing Norway time
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?