So we have our flights booked to Lyon end of August for a river cruise. Booked ourselves 3 nights earlier and trying to decide...do we take a hotel in Lyon and simply do daytrips and hang around town or do we rent a car at the airport and do a little road trip? the cruise will take us north through Burgundy, Beaune and then south towards Avignon. I would really like to do the Annecy area for a day...but does this area merit 3 nights if I went directly there? What would you do? So many options! OUr travelling companions would like to "see Switzerland" but not sure if the timing would allow that.
Help with 3 night Lyon and surroundings itinerary please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay near Paris
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 4 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 7 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 8 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 9 Pronunciation
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 Dublin Tour Companies
- 12 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 16 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 What to wear