So we have our flights booked to Lyon end of August for a river cruise. Booked ourselves 3 nights earlier and trying to decide...do we take a hotel in Lyon and simply do daytrips and hang around town or do we rent a car at the airport and do a little road trip? the cruise will take us north through Burgundy, Beaune and then south towards Avignon. I would really like to do the Annecy area for a day...but does this area merit 3 nights if I went directly there? What would you do? So many options! OUr travelling companions would like to "see Switzerland" but not sure if the timing would allow that.
Help with 3 night Lyon and surroundings itinerary please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 one last portugal car rental question
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 4 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 5 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 6 Europe in 21 days
- 7 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 8 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 9 Street food in Turkey
- 10 Dublin Hostels
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Spain Questions
- 15 9 days in turkey
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 18 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 Mont St Michel
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)