So we have our flights booked to Lyon end of August for a river cruise. Booked ourselves 3 nights earlier and trying to decide...do we take a hotel in Lyon and simply do daytrips and hang around town or do we rent a car at the airport and do a little road trip? the cruise will take us north through Burgundy, Beaune and then south towards Avignon. I would really like to do the Annecy area for a day...but does this area merit 3 nights if I went directly there? What would you do? So many options! OUr travelling companions would like to "see Switzerland" but not sure if the timing would allow that.
Help with 3 night Lyon and surroundings itinerary please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 3 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 4 Skiing in Austria?
- 5 Arles as a base?
- 6 Rocamaxour
- 7 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 Spanish Music
- 10 Now for the Venice hotel
- 11 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 12 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 13 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 14 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 15 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 16 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 17 A Week in Spain
- 18 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 19 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 22 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 23 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 24 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?