I am a first time poster! My husband and I are heading to Croatia and area May 21st from Canada. We are in our early 40's and love to walk, explore, eat, drink good wine and people watch. We are into culture but more from the sit in a cafe, walk the streets and soak up the vibe way than a museum way though we do love ruins and such. We like a fairly active pace but still to feel like we are on vacation and like we've actually seen something rather than ticked "must sees" off boxes. We have travelled Europe quite extensively having been through France, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Greece and Italy-and driven there also. So now that you know a bit about us-I need some help planning. It seems there is no much to see and do that I am having trouble prioritizing and planning an itinerary. We do have some accommodation booked -mostly apartments (with cancellation) so I am open to change here. This is what we have so far.
May 21st-arrive late Dubrovnik
May 22nd-Day in Dubrovnik (overnight Dub)
May 23rd-am explore a bit more if we want, pick up car and head to Kotor with a stop in Morinj for a nice lunch (overnight Kotor)
May 24th-full day exploring around Kotor (walk walls and chill time-overnight in Kotor)
May 25th -drive to Sarajevo (night in Sarajevo)
May 26th-explore Sarajevo (night in Sarajevo)
May 27th-head to Mostar early -explore Mostar (over night in Mostar)
May 28th-drive to split/trogir (not sure to spend the night in Split or Trogir-we are interested only in seeing the Palace and old town so thinking might be nicer to stay in Trogir)
May 29th-day in Spilt exploring Palace (overnight Split/Trogir)
May 30th-head to Hvar (overnight in apartment in Hvar town)
May 31st- Hvar
June 1st- Hvar (maybe day trip to Bol-just want to see the beach-possible?)
June 2nd -travel to Pilvtice lakes (overnight PL)
June 3rd-early am explore lakes -head to rovinj (overnight rovinj)
June 4th-day exploring Istria (hill towns etc)
June 5th-day exploring Istria-perhaps Pula
June 6th-head early to Ljubljana (we are staying here June 6th, 7th, 8th 9th and 10th and using as a base for Slovenia)
June 11th-home to Canada
So my questions are-even though we like an active pace, is this way to rushed? We only have one day for Split/Trogir-should we just pick one and see it well? Also at the beginning is only one full day in Dubrovnik too little? Should we take a day from Istria and add it to Dubrovnik, Split or even Slovenia?
Too many choices.....
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 3 Aix Provence
- 4 Cordoba Overnight?
- 5 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 6 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 7 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 10 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 11 One night in Rome
- 12 Sintra
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 Murren to Prague
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 22 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please