I am planning a 2 week honeymoon to Turkey and Greece next year September. Finding this quite daunting as its our first time booking and planning everything on our own (we normally do it through a travel agency). Would appreciate any suggestions please
This is our proposed flight route on Turkish Airways:
Durban, South Africa > Istanabul, Turkey
Istanabul, Turkey > Athens, Greece
Athens, Greece > Santorini (by ferry or plane, still deciding - any suggestions?)
Basically, we would like to start our honeymoon in Santorini as we will be quite jet lagged, so this will be the perfect place to just relax. We would like to spend 5-6 days here. We would then take a ferry back to Athens to spend 1/2 days there. And finally fly back to Turkey to spend the remaining days 3-4 days. Heard that Istanbul is busy and there is lots to see and do, which is why we have kept this for last. Would then leave for Durban from Istanbul.
I know its white a short time to to see so much, but its what we have available. Just so you get an idea of what we are like -> We are the type of couple that like to relax and spend time on the beach, but we cannot sit still for a very long time! We like to make the most of the country we are in. We love sightseeing and exploring different cultures. Do you think that we are using our days wisely? Should we leave out Athens and spend more days in Greece or Turkey?
Here are a few more questions I need help with please:
- Is it easy to get taxis from the port/airports to our hotels? As I mentioned previously, our travel agent normally arranges all the transfers for us. Which is why I ask, don't want to find ourselves stranded somewhere with all our bags!
- Any recommendations for places to stay in Santorini? We are still deciding between
Fira and Oia. Good nightlife is important to us as well as a central location so we don't have to spend a lot on travelling.
- I would really like a guidance of what can't be missed in Santorini apart from the beautiful beaches?
- We plan to stay in Athens for only 1/2 nights, so time will be limited. What are the must see attractions? And where should we stay, so that we don't have to travel too far? Or should we leave out Athens all together?
- What are the must see attractions in Istanbul? And where should we stay, so that we are
Thanks in advance Look forward to all of your suggestions!
Jae and mike
Help with 2 week Istanbul and Greece Itinerary
- 1 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 2 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 3 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 6 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 18 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 21 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days