I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Help with 2-month itinerary for United Kingdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland