I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 2 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 3 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 4 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 5 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 6 12 days europe
- 7 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 8 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 9 Christmas Week in London
- 10 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 11 Too much for one day?
- 12 Travel WiFi - France
- 13 Italy for the first time
- 14 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 15 RFID Protection
- 16 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Germany and Austria trip report
- 18 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 19 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 20 London Itinerary and Questions
- 21 Beaches in Southern France
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Ali
- 25 Paris to Ramstein