I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Help with 2-month itinerary for United Kingdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 2 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 3 7 days in Greece
- 4 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 5 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 6 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 Reims for a day
- 8 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 9 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Vienna highlights
- 20 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 25 Seville hotels