I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Versailles
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 19 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily