I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary review
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 5 Train passes
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Best places in Paris to catch Pokémon?
- 8 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 9 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 10 3 Days in Naples...
- 11 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 12 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 13 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 14 Our time in Rome
- 15 Renting International Cars from USA
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 18 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 19 Enjoying England for a year!
- 20 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 21 Iceland in 4 days?
- 22 Europe itinerary
- 23 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 24 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 25 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!