I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Help with 2-month itinerary for United Kingdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 3 Giverny in early October?
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 6 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 7 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 8 Alterations to night trains routes
- 9 Interested In Coach Passes
- 10 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 11 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 12 Two Days in Prague
- 13 Air France strike
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 17 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 18 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 19 Schengen Visa
- 20 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 london in 2.5 days
- 23 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 24 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 25 Concert at St. Chapelle question