I'm graduating from college this year and I'm looking to take a gap year before continuing with school. I have always wanted to travel abroad and the United Kingdom seems like a great option. I would like to visit all the big areas in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I'm under a relatively tight budget of $5,000 - $6,000 (USD). I have two months time to see as much as possible so hopefully that's enough time. I would like to leave from Raleigh, NC but traveling up to New York is not a major problem.
Any advice on sights to see, monuments to visit, foods to eat, easiest forms of transportation, and things to do is greatly appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any extra information. I apologize if I forgot anything important!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 2 Italy - best two central locations
- 3 Tour or independent
- 4 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 5 Vet my itinerary
- 6 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 7 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Istanbul tour guides?
- 10 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 11 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 12 3 months to travel Europe!
- 13 student in denmark
- 14 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 15 What to see in Dresden...
- 16 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 17 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 18 Sienna with kids
- 19 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 20 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 21 Day River trips from Porto
- 22 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 23 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 24 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 25 Places to visits near Porto