I will be going on my honeymoon to Nice in September, and between the stress of planning a wedding and my annoying indecisiveness, I find myself caught between two hotels and unable "pull the trigger" and pick one just yet. I was hoping for some help! The two hotels are : Hotel West End and Hotel Massena. For our dates and the rooms we want, they seem to be in the same general price range, so this was not a helpful factor. Otherwise, the locations are slightly different (on the promenade vs. closer to old town and next to place massena) and the reviews on all sites seem to vary (which always seems to be the case).
What we are looking for: we will not have a rental car, so location is a big thing for us. We want to do some day trips (monaco, st paul de vence, eze) and we will be flying out of Nice. We love the idea of being right by the beach, but we also love being near great restaurants and nightlife too.
Has anyone stayed at either hotel and can help with some further insight? I would really appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Purchasing iDTGV tickets at the station
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 We're here!
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 Trip Ideas
- 20 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 21 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 25 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June