I will be going on my honeymoon to Nice in September, and between the stress of planning a wedding and my annoying indecisiveness, I find myself caught between two hotels and unable "pull the trigger" and pick one just yet. I was hoping for some help! The two hotels are : Hotel West End and Hotel Massena. For our dates and the rooms we want, they seem to be in the same general price range, so this was not a helpful factor. Otherwise, the locations are slightly different (on the promenade vs. closer to old town and next to place massena) and the reviews on all sites seem to vary (which always seems to be the case).
What we are looking for: we will not have a rental car, so location is a big thing for us. We want to do some day trips (monaco, st paul de vence, eze) and we will be flying out of Nice. We love the idea of being right by the beach, but we also love being near great restaurants and nightlife too.
Has anyone stayed at either hotel and can help with some further insight? I would really appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 7 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 11 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 22 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 A week in the Occitanie
- 25 Question about Loire Valley châteaux