I will be going on my honeymoon to Nice in September, and between the stress of planning a wedding and my annoying indecisiveness, I find myself caught between two hotels and unable "pull the trigger" and pick one just yet. I was hoping for some help! The two hotels are : Hotel West End and Hotel Massena. For our dates and the rooms we want, they seem to be in the same general price range, so this was not a helpful factor. Otherwise, the locations are slightly different (on the promenade vs. closer to old town and next to place massena) and the reviews on all sites seem to vary (which always seems to be the case).
What we are looking for: we will not have a rental car, so location is a big thing for us. We want to do some day trips (monaco, st paul de vence, eze) and we will be flying out of Nice. We love the idea of being right by the beach, but we also love being near great restaurants and nightlife too.
Has anyone stayed at either hotel and can help with some further insight? I would really appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Algarve - is it for me?
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 17 Madrid food advice needed
- 18 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 Paris for children
- 22 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 23 Naples + Walking Tour
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 25 Need hotel in Athens