I am looking for help with planning a trip. I have never traveled anywhere before, and I really would love to go to Europe. I am planning this trip with a friend. I'll have just finished a medical board exam, and this is the only time off I will have for a while!!!
I have 10 days to travel: April 20-30 (I could get in in the early AM hours of 4/31 if need be)
My budget is ~$2000/ person, including airfare. I would be flying out of LAX, but back home to MSY (New Orleans). Low cost is definitely a priority for me!
I would ideally like to see ~3 cities (+/- 1 depending on location) and travel by train between them since this seems to be the most wallet-friendly and I can see some countryside as well. Though, I am good with any alternatives, if plane rides between are better.
Background: I am 25, enjoy beer, vegetarian-friendly food, and would love to see some ancient history - I would really like to see Rome. Barcelona appeals to me as well, but mostly because I can speak a little Spanish and it would be neat to use it. Ultimately, thought, I am open to any city! I do actually enjoy art. I would love to see places where I can explore by foot, enjoy outdoor markets, see museums (preferably not too expensive). I do like the idea of quaint towns and seeing the country-side, though that is not a must. It would be fun to see at least one city with a fun nightlife scene.
Thank you all very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 5 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 6 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 7 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 8 Road trip Italy
- 9 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 10 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 11 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 12 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 13 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 14 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 Hilton CPH no loner
- 17 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 18 travel around Spain
- 19 Scotland Trip Report
- 20 French Wedding
- 21 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 22 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 23 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 24 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 25 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums