I am looking for help with planning a trip. I have never traveled anywhere before, and I really would love to go to Europe. I am planning this trip with a friend. I'll have just finished a medical board exam, and this is the only time off I will have for a while!!!
I have 10 days to travel: April 20-30 (I could get in in the early AM hours of 4/31 if need be)
My budget is ~$2000/ person, including airfare. I would be flying out of LAX, but back home to MSY (New Orleans). Low cost is definitely a priority for me!
I would ideally like to see ~3 cities (+/- 1 depending on location) and travel by train between them since this seems to be the most wallet-friendly and I can see some countryside as well. Though, I am good with any alternatives, if plane rides between are better.
Background: I am 25, enjoy beer, vegetarian-friendly food, and would love to see some ancient history - I would really like to see Rome. Barcelona appeals to me as well, but mostly because I can speak a little Spanish and it would be neat to use it. Ultimately, thought, I am open to any city! I do actually enjoy art. I would love to see places where I can explore by foot, enjoy outdoor markets, see museums (preferably not too expensive). I do like the idea of quaint towns and seeing the country-side, though that is not a must. It would be fun to see at least one city with a fun nightlife scene.
Thank you all very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flamenco in October
- 2 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 3 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 4 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 5 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 8 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 9 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 16 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Questions about Polish sights
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy