I am looking for help with planning a trip. I have never traveled anywhere before, and I really would love to go to Europe. I am planning this trip with a friend. I'll have just finished a medical board exam, and this is the only time off I will have for a while!!!
I have 10 days to travel: April 20-30 (I could get in in the early AM hours of 4/31 if need be)
My budget is ~$2000/ person, including airfare. I would be flying out of LAX, but back home to MSY (New Orleans). Low cost is definitely a priority for me!
I would ideally like to see ~3 cities (+/- 1 depending on location) and travel by train between them since this seems to be the most wallet-friendly and I can see some countryside as well. Though, I am good with any alternatives, if plane rides between are better.
Background: I am 25, enjoy beer, vegetarian-friendly food, and would love to see some ancient history - I would really like to see Rome. Barcelona appeals to me as well, but mostly because I can speak a little Spanish and it would be neat to use it. Ultimately, thought, I am open to any city! I do actually enjoy art. I would love to see places where I can explore by foot, enjoy outdoor markets, see museums (preferably not too expensive). I do like the idea of quaint towns and seeing the country-side, though that is not a must. It would be fun to see at least one city with a fun nightlife scene.
Thank you all very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Campervan in Croatia
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Cell Phone Question
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 K-Day
- 11 UK Visa Help
- 12 Skye to Edinburgh
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 15 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 16 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 17 Spain in December
- 18 advance tickets?
- 19 Help required with Itinerary
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?