I am looking for help with planning a trip. I have never traveled anywhere before, and I really would love to go to Europe. I am planning this trip with a friend. I'll have just finished a medical board exam, and this is the only time off I will have for a while!!!
I have 10 days to travel: April 20-30 (I could get in in the early AM hours of 4/31 if need be)
My budget is ~$2000/ person, including airfare. I would be flying out of LAX, but back home to MSY (New Orleans). Low cost is definitely a priority for me!
I would ideally like to see ~3 cities (+/- 1 depending on location) and travel by train between them since this seems to be the most wallet-friendly and I can see some countryside as well. Though, I am good with any alternatives, if plane rides between are better.
Background: I am 25, enjoy beer, vegetarian-friendly food, and would love to see some ancient history - I would really like to see Rome. Barcelona appeals to me as well, but mostly because I can speak a little Spanish and it would be neat to use it. Ultimately, thought, I am open to any city! I do actually enjoy art. I would love to see places where I can explore by foot, enjoy outdoor markets, see museums (preferably not too expensive). I do like the idea of quaint towns and seeing the country-side, though that is not a must. It would be fun to see at least one city with a fun nightlife scene.
Thank you all very much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 6 4 days each in London and Paris
- 7 Switzerland in September
- 8 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 9 A few more questions about Brittany
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 London Theater
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 25 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map