My husband and I will be spending 1 week (6 nights) in mid-October in Normandy and possibly Brittany / Loire Valley. We will rent a car from CDG after arriving in the morning and driving from there. We would like to visit some cute little towns, Giverny and Rouen (which we will go to on the first day), D Day memorials / museums (maybe for 2 days, including a few hours in Bayeaux), St. Malo and Mont St. Michel (maybe both on the next day after the D Day sites), and then we have 2 days to get back to CDG.
We are in our mid / late 30s and are quite active. We enjoy history, taking photos, drinking wine and eating cheese, and just wandering around cute little villages. I know the weather won’t be ideal for our visiting time, but we’ll take umbrellas, etc!
A) Where should we stay? We were thinking about maybe 1 night in Honfleur, 2 nights in Bayeaux, 1 in St Malo / MSM, and then 2 nights for another location or 2. We don’t mind switching every night, but would maybe prefer to stay 2 nights in the next location after St. Malo (or even skip staying in St. Malo and just go straight to Loire Valley)
B) What would you suggest doing in the Loire Valley? Specific Chateaus? Particularly cute towns? I read about Fougeres, Orleans, Amboise Chauteau…
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 2 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 3 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 4 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 7 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 8 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 9 French election
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 16 French Election - Questions???
- 17 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 2 weeks Europe trip
- 22 Leather goods in Florence
- 23 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions