My husband and I will be spending 1 week (6 nights) in mid-October in Normandy and possibly Brittany / Loire Valley. We will rent a car from CDG after arriving in the morning and driving from there. We would like to visit some cute little towns, Giverny and Rouen (which we will go to on the first day), D Day memorials / museums (maybe for 2 days, including a few hours in Bayeaux), St. Malo and Mont St. Michel (maybe both on the next day after the D Day sites), and then we have 2 days to get back to CDG.
We are in our mid / late 30s and are quite active. We enjoy history, taking photos, drinking wine and eating cheese, and just wandering around cute little villages. I know the weather won’t be ideal for our visiting time, but we’ll take umbrellas, etc!
A) Where should we stay? We were thinking about maybe 1 night in Honfleur, 2 nights in Bayeaux, 1 in St Malo / MSM, and then 2 nights for another location or 2. We don’t mind switching every night, but would maybe prefer to stay 2 nights in the next location after St. Malo (or even skip staying in St. Malo and just go straight to Loire Valley)
B) What would you suggest doing in the Loire Valley? Specific Chateaus? Particularly cute towns? I read about Fougeres, Orleans, Amboise Chauteau…
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 2 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 3 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 4 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 5 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece
- 7 Italy for Christmas Week
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Shoes in Scotland
- 10 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 11 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 12 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 restaurants in Marais district
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 21 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 22 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 23 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 24 Wedding in Ireland
- 25 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)