My husband and I will be spending 1 week (6 nights) in mid-October in Normandy and possibly Brittany / Loire Valley. We will rent a car from CDG after arriving in the morning and driving from there. We would like to visit some cute little towns, Giverny and Rouen (which we will go to on the first day), D Day memorials / museums (maybe for 2 days, including a few hours in Bayeaux), St. Malo and Mont St. Michel (maybe both on the next day after the D Day sites), and then we have 2 days to get back to CDG.
We are in our mid / late 30s and are quite active. We enjoy history, taking photos, drinking wine and eating cheese, and just wandering around cute little villages. I know the weather won’t be ideal for our visiting time, but we’ll take umbrellas, etc!
A) Where should we stay? We were thinking about maybe 1 night in Honfleur, 2 nights in Bayeaux, 1 in St Malo / MSM, and then 2 nights for another location or 2. We don’t mind switching every night, but would maybe prefer to stay 2 nights in the next location after St. Malo (or even skip staying in St. Malo and just go straight to Loire Valley)
B) What would you suggest doing in the Loire Valley? Specific Chateaus? Particularly cute towns? I read about Fougeres, Orleans, Amboise Chauteau…
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 free international phone calls
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 7 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see