My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August after a Mediterranean cruise. As excited as we are about the trip, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to find a hotel for us. My mom is 60 years old -- this trip is for her -- so it would be nice to find a centrally-located hotel where main tourist attractions are within walking distance. She doesn't have major mobility issues (no problems walking) but it would be nice to have a place close enough in case she needs to rest.
As I delve deeper in my research, I'm learning that it is pretty much impossible to find a hotel for under $150/night. I was ready to commit to the Palm Gallery Hotel for about $210/night until I read a post here that mentioned it was quite far. The only other option that looks tempting is Purple Home (http://www.purple-home.com/en/home.asp) which has several locations throughout the city. Has anyone stayed at Purple Home before, and if so which location is best?
In sum, any general recommendations on where to stay in beautiful Rome? Again, key considerations are:
1) walking distance to main tourist attractions
2) price no more than $200 per night (preferably)
3) party of 3 adults
Many thanks for reading this and for any help you can give. This trip means so much to my mom and I'd like to make it as special as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 6 Nafplio to Hydra
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 Cornwall Advice
- 9 Via del Sale, Italy
- 10 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 13 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 16 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 17 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 22 "Never Mind"
- 23 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 24 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 25 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?