My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August after a Mediterranean cruise. As excited as we are about the trip, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to find a hotel for us. My mom is 60 years old -- this trip is for her -- so it would be nice to find a centrally-located hotel where main tourist attractions are within walking distance. She doesn't have major mobility issues (no problems walking) but it would be nice to have a place close enough in case she needs to rest.
As I delve deeper in my research, I'm learning that it is pretty much impossible to find a hotel for under $150/night. I was ready to commit to the Palm Gallery Hotel for about $210/night until I read a post here that mentioned it was quite far. The only other option that looks tempting is Purple Home (http://www.purple-home.com/en/home.asp) which has several locations throughout the city. Has anyone stayed at Purple Home before, and if so which location is best?
In sum, any general recommendations on where to stay in beautiful Rome? Again, key considerations are:
1) walking distance to main tourist attractions
2) price no more than $200 per night (preferably)
3) party of 3 adults
Many thanks for reading this and for any help you can give. This trip means so much to my mom and I'd like to make it as special as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 7 Campervan in Croatia
- 8 advance tickets?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 12 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 15 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 18 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 19 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 24 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice