My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August after a Mediterranean cruise. As excited as we are about the trip, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to find a hotel for us. My mom is 60 years old -- this trip is for her -- so it would be nice to find a centrally-located hotel where main tourist attractions are within walking distance. She doesn't have major mobility issues (no problems walking) but it would be nice to have a place close enough in case she needs to rest.
As I delve deeper in my research, I'm learning that it is pretty much impossible to find a hotel for under $150/night. I was ready to commit to the Palm Gallery Hotel for about $210/night until I read a post here that mentioned it was quite far. The only other option that looks tempting is Purple Home (http://www.purple-home.com/en/home.asp) which has several locations throughout the city. Has anyone stayed at Purple Home before, and if so which location is best?
In sum, any general recommendations on where to stay in beautiful Rome? Again, key considerations are:
1) walking distance to main tourist attractions
2) price no more than $200 per night (preferably)
3) party of 3 adults
Many thanks for reading this and for any help you can give. This trip means so much to my mom and I'd like to make it as special as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotmail mail solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Stuck in Paris
- 10 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 11 Berlin to ?
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 14 Renting a car in Greece
- 15 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 Spain - day driver advice
- 18 Greece
- 19 Ex-pats with young kids
- 20 Iceland france spain
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Paris hotel
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome