My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August after a Mediterranean cruise. As excited as we are about the trip, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to find a hotel for us. My mom is 60 years old -- this trip is for her -- so it would be nice to find a centrally-located hotel where main tourist attractions are within walking distance. She doesn't have major mobility issues (no problems walking) but it would be nice to have a place close enough in case she needs to rest.
As I delve deeper in my research, I'm learning that it is pretty much impossible to find a hotel for under $150/night. I was ready to commit to the Palm Gallery Hotel for about $210/night until I read a post here that mentioned it was quite far. The only other option that looks tempting is Purple Home (http://www.purple-home.com/en/home.asp) which has several locations throughout the city. Has anyone stayed at Purple Home before, and if so which location is best?
In sum, any general recommendations on where to stay in beautiful Rome? Again, key considerations are:
1) walking distance to main tourist attractions
2) price no more than $200 per night (preferably)
3) party of 3 adults
Many thanks for reading this and for any help you can give. This trip means so much to my mom and I'd like to make it as special as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Road trip with our dog
- 5 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 Douro Valley in January?
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 11 Munich and....???
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 italy Cinque Terre
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 19 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Can parking
- 25 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy