I am leaving next week on a trip to London and Paris. I have never been outside of the southern United States, so I don't really know what to expect or how to prepare. How do people in these countries dress in May? Are Chacos acceptable shoes? What about boots in the spring since it's colder there? Are there clothing restrictions in places besides cathedrals? Any and all advice on these cities, their cultures, their sites, airplanes (since I've never flown), anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 travel fan 220v?
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 10 Guide in Russia
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 15 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 25 Rent a Car?
Help! Travelling to Europe for the first time, need advice