I am leaving next week on a trip to London and Paris. I have never been outside of the southern United States, so I don't really know what to expect or how to prepare. How do people in these countries dress in May? Are Chacos acceptable shoes? What about boots in the spring since it's colder there? Are there clothing restrictions in places besides cathedrals? Any and all advice on these cities, their cultures, their sites, airplanes (since I've never flown), anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 2 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 Camino Redux
- 5 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 6 Rungis market Paris
- 7 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 8 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 9 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 10 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 11 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 12 Edgard bus website English version?
- 13 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 14 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 15 MiFi in Italy
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 19 On my way to Puglia
- 20 A week driving in Bavaria
- 21 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 22 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 23 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 24 Car rental/return near London
- 25 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
Help! Travelling to Europe for the first time, need advice