I am leaving next week on a trip to London and Paris. I have never been outside of the southern United States, so I don't really know what to expect or how to prepare. How do people in these countries dress in May? Are Chacos acceptable shoes? What about boots in the spring since it's colder there? Are there clothing restrictions in places besides cathedrals? Any and all advice on these cities, their cultures, their sites, airplanes (since I've never flown), anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Help! Travelling to Europe for the first time, need advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 2 Rome Food Tour
- 3 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 4 I dream of Europe
- 5 First Time to UK since 2001
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Autumn in Paris
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 13 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 14 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 21 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?