I've been lurking and soaking up everyone's ideas and tips to help plan for our upcoming trip to Paris. We're lucky enough to have an apt for 2 weeks in the Louvre area. Thank you so much everyone for the help I've received here.
I've discovered a violoncelle festival in Beauvais during our stay, a special treat since I play the cello. Ophelie Gaillard, a cellist I particularly like is playing on Sun June 3 at 1100 and I'd like to attend. The transportation to/from Beauvais looks to be a headache however. Too bad, or I'd go every night.
I can take a train from G Nord to Beauvais at abt 0900 and then I suppose we'd have to take a cab from the Gare to the Maladerie St. Lazare for the performance. I doubt we'd make the 1258 train back, leaving us with waiting until 1430 or so for the next one. There's also the option of taking a cab to the airport and catching the bus that goes to Port Maillot, which would cost even more.
By the time we pay for two round trip tickets, and two taxi rides, we might break even renting a car for the day, plus not spend so much time waiting around.
The Maladerie St. Lazare looks like an interesting visit, as does the St. Pierre cathedral and the tapestry museum. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 15 Oyster card?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 London Theater
- 19 multi city flights to europe
- 20 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 21 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Milan and Lake Como
- 24 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 25 Uber in Rome & Lisbon