My wife and I (from Sydney) are taking our three children (aged 14, 13 & 10) to Europe for for first time for 6 weeks between December 2012 and January 2013 - yes I know it will be freezing.
We want to spend about a week in each of London, Paris and Rome, which leaves about 17 days available to visit some other places. We thought we would spend about 9 days travelling through the UK and we thought we could go to the south of France (perhaps Monaco) and then across to Italy (perhaps Florence) for 8 days. We also want somewhere in the UK that will be "special" for Christmas.
Our main objective is for our children to enjoy it.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 A week in Croatia with kids
- 5 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece