My wife and I (from Sydney) are taking our three children (aged 14, 13 & 10) to Europe for for first time for 6 weeks between December 2012 and January 2013 - yes I know it will be freezing.
We want to spend about a week in each of London, Paris and Rome, which leaves about 17 days available to visit some other places. We thought we would spend about 9 days travelling through the UK and we thought we could go to the south of France (perhaps Monaco) and then across to Italy (perhaps Florence) for 8 days. We also want somewhere in the UK that will be "special" for Christmas.
Our main objective is for our children to enjoy it.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Poland to Austria In December
- 7 road trip through scotland
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 11 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 14 Where to eat in Rome?
- 15 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 16 Alsace to Austria?
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 22 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 25 barcelona neighborhood