My wife and I (from Sydney) are taking our three children (aged 14, 13 & 10) to Europe for for first time for 6 weeks between December 2012 and January 2013 - yes I know it will be freezing.
We want to spend about a week in each of London, Paris and Rome, which leaves about 17 days available to visit some other places. We thought we would spend about 9 days travelling through the UK and we thought we could go to the south of France (perhaps Monaco) and then across to Italy (perhaps Florence) for 8 days. We also want somewhere in the UK that will be "special" for Christmas.
Our main objective is for our children to enjoy it.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice