My wife and I (from Sydney) are taking our three children (aged 14, 13 & 10) to Europe for for first time for 6 weeks between December 2012 and January 2013 - yes I know it will be freezing.
We want to spend about a week in each of London, Paris and Rome, which leaves about 17 days available to visit some other places. We thought we would spend about 9 days travelling through the UK and we thought we could go to the south of France (perhaps Monaco) and then across to Italy (perhaps Florence) for 8 days. We also want somewhere in the UK that will be "special" for Christmas.
Our main objective is for our children to enjoy it.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona
- 2 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 12 First time in London
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Greek fuel cost
- 15 VRBO South Kensington
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 Vacation
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 23 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 24 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 25 Audio Walking Tour in London