Hello! Our family is celebrating my upcoming big 5-0 with a trip to Ireland in late June-July 2014, we will be two weeks in total . We have two teenages, who will be 17 and 14 at that time. I have just started the reseach, but would like your help with planning if possible. My Grandfather was born in Sligo, so I would like to visit there, as well as Belfast, Dublin and also enjoy the Irish countryside (Ring of Kerry? Aran Islands? Cliffs of Moher?) . We want to mix it up so we all have fun, a little history, a little sightseeing, a little excitement, alot of pub visits, ect.. We would also like to end up in London for a few days, and fly home from there. I have absolutely no idea of accomodations at this point, but we would aim for value to mid priced ranges. Any suggestions on itineraries, travel methods, sights to see, places to stay, pubs to visit, ect... would all be greatly appreciated and very welcomed.! The excitement is buiding as I am realizing this trip of a lifetime is only 6 months away!
Help to plan our visit to the Motherland from Montreal, Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 2 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 3 Granada
- 4 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 5 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 8 First time Ireland trip
- 9 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 10 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 13 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 17 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 18 22 year olds in Europe
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 21 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy