Hello! Our family is celebrating my upcoming big 5-0 with a trip to Ireland in late June-July 2014, we will be two weeks in total . We have two teenages, who will be 17 and 14 at that time. I have just started the reseach, but would like your help with planning if possible. My Grandfather was born in Sligo, so I would like to visit there, as well as Belfast, Dublin and also enjoy the Irish countryside (Ring of Kerry? Aran Islands? Cliffs of Moher?) . We want to mix it up so we all have fun, a little history, a little sightseeing, a little excitement, alot of pub visits, ect.. We would also like to end up in London for a few days, and fly home from there. I have absolutely no idea of accomodations at this point, but we would aim for value to mid priced ranges. Any suggestions on itineraries, travel methods, sights to see, places to stay, pubs to visit, ect... would all be greatly appreciated and very welcomed.! The excitement is buiding as I am realizing this trip of a lifetime is only 6 months away!
Help to plan our visit to the Motherland from Montreal, Canada
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 7 London visit
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations