We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 6 Ibiiza Spain
- 7 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 8 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 11 Cartagena Spain
- 12 3 nights in Madrid
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 16 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 17 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 25 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)