We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
help to plan iceland trip
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 rent car / Munich
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 11 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 12 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 13 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 14 Channel Islands
- 15 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 16 Dresden Train Station
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 Chambermaid tipping
- 25 TGV and Provence questions