We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 2 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 3 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 4 Flights from Croatia
- 5 Visiting Spain in January
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 The Shocking Truth About Elastin In Skin !
- 9 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 15 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 16 Europe in late January
- 17 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 18 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 19 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 20 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 21 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 22 Paris---baguette question???
- 23 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 24 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome