We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 7 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 8 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 9 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 10 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 11 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 12 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 17 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 18 3 day trip to iceland
- 19 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 22 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 25 celticmoon, a quick question