We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 4 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Cutback on Spain trip
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 16 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 17 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 18 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 21 driving from ancona to rome
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?