We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 2 12 Days in Italy
- 3 Health insurance coverage
- 4 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 5 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 6 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 7 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 8 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 Family vacay in Europe
- 11 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 12 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 13 Italy - best two central locations
- 14 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 17 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 Pousadas in Portugal
- 23 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 From Denmark to Balkan and around