We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 2 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 3 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 4 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 5 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 6 One Way... trust or bust?
- 7 Portugal trains
- 8 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 9 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 10 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 13 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 14 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 15 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 16 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 17 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 18 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 19 Walking GPS?
- 20 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 21 Cost of Van from CDG
- 22 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 25 Girls trip - Lisbon