We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary