We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 2 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 7 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 8 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 9 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 10 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 11 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 12 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 13 20 free days of Europe
- 14 CDG international flight
- 15 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 16 12 days europe
- 17 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 Seville in late January
- 20 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 25 RFID Protection