We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 2 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 3 Train travel
- 4 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 5 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 DVD burning software
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 17 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Iceland 3 day layover
- 22 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 23 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Milos beach stay