We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 First time in Bulgaria
- 17 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Alps Drive
- 20 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 Paris cooking classes
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please