I am going to northern Italy for two weeks in June. I begin the trip with 3 nights in Monterosso in Cinque Terre - then I have a gap of 4 nights - finish up with renting an apartment in Venice for one week. I would love suggestions for where to spend the 4 days/nights between CT and Venice. I am a retired woman, traveling alone, and I will be taking trains. If possible, I would prefer to stay in one place and take day trips, as appropriate, from there. I am thinking of either Verona or Bologna. My reading about Bologna so far doesn't make it seem to be a place I would enjoy for 4 days, but there are numerous appealing day trips from there, so it may be a good base. I want to see Verona - but are there enough other sites to see near Verona to fill 4 days. By "fill", I mean see something every day, but still have time to wander, wonder, and eat! I prefer to take my time and absorb rather than keep to a tight schedule to "see everything.
Help to complete northern Italy itinerary for single traveler
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 2 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 6 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 7 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 8 Travel by train or bus
- 9 Medieval Tallinn
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 18 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 19 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 20 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 21 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice