I am going to northern Italy for two weeks in June. I begin the trip with 3 nights in Monterosso in Cinque Terre - then I have a gap of 4 nights - finish up with renting an apartment in Venice for one week. I would love suggestions for where to spend the 4 days/nights between CT and Venice. I am a retired woman, traveling alone, and I will be taking trains. If possible, I would prefer to stay in one place and take day trips, as appropriate, from there. I am thinking of either Verona or Bologna. My reading about Bologna so far doesn't make it seem to be a place I would enjoy for 4 days, but there are numerous appealing day trips from there, so it may be a good base. I want to see Verona - but are there enough other sites to see near Verona to fill 4 days. By "fill", I mean see something every day, but still have time to wander, wonder, and eat! I prefer to take my time and absorb rather than keep to a tight schedule to "see everything.
Help to complete northern Italy itinerary for single traveler
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 2 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 5 What to wear
- 6 italy
- 7 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 8 Side trip from Geneva
- 9 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 12 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 13 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 18 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 23 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 24 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 25 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help