I am going to northern Italy for two weeks in June. I begin the trip with 3 nights in Monterosso in Cinque Terre - then I have a gap of 4 nights - finish up with renting an apartment in Venice for one week. I would love suggestions for where to spend the 4 days/nights between CT and Venice. I am a retired woman, traveling alone, and I will be taking trains. If possible, I would prefer to stay in one place and take day trips, as appropriate, from there. I am thinking of either Verona or Bologna. My reading about Bologna so far doesn't make it seem to be a place I would enjoy for 4 days, but there are numerous appealing day trips from there, so it may be a good base. I want to see Verona - but are there enough other sites to see near Verona to fill 4 days. By "fill", I mean see something every day, but still have time to wander, wonder, and eat! I prefer to take my time and absorb rather than keep to a tight schedule to "see everything.
Help to complete northern Italy itinerary for single traveler
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good times in Munich, the city
- 2 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 3 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 4 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 5 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 6 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 7 Lake Como transportation questions
- 8 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 9 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 12 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 13 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 By train to and out of Prague
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 Cylades Island Hopping
- 18 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Italy dolomites
- 21 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 22 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 23 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 All Set To Go!!