Here we are 3 weeks into our Sicily trip. I'm drawing blank and I ask for some advice from the Sicilian travelers. I've been trying to get us out of Sicily to Barcelona next Saturday and I'm I think to tired to even think how. I will be writing a trip report when I have the time, internet has been hit and miss. I can't seem to be able to find a ferry to get us from Palermo or Trapani to Barcelona where we will take our flight to USA.
I love Sicily and I've survived driving it from Milazzo to San Vito, were we currently are.
I HATE HATE the motorcycles (I've been closed to be hit head on by those crazy drivers more than once), and vespa/scooters. I find that car drivers here are not much worse than other parts of Europe, but motorcycle and vespa drivers are the worse, driving in Palermo was a real joke, and having to stop on the highway to let the one car passing on my lane has been a repeat issue. I'm surprised to see how many can be riding in a vespa, if you can stand you can get a ride in front of your parents, 3 at least in vespa, if you are 14 you can drive a vespa, most kids don't even look merging on major streets, they just get in, same for cars, if you want to merge you just merge, the other car will break for you.
Portugal driving seem a walk in the park after driving almost 4 weeks here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 Milan private guide
- 6 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 7 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 8 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 What do after Bernia Express?
- 14 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Ischia
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Germany family road trip help!
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May