I am going to be traveling to Greece in September for my honeymoon. I kind of messed up my itinerary due to hotel availability earlier in the trip and not knowing the ferry schedule leaving me with a very short time in Crete. The more I read about it, the more time I wish I had to spend in Crete.
Here is my situation:
Depart Santorini on Sept. 22nd.
There are only two ferries from Santorini to Crete, both in the early evening, and flights are too expensive.
Depart Heraklion for Paris at 2:30 PM on Sept 24th.
What would be the most enjoyable use of our limited time in Crete?
I originally thought of renting a car and driving (2 hours to Chania) estimated arrival is 9:30-10PM. Then either hike the Samarja Gorge, or take a boat tour to see Gramvousa and Balos Lagoon the next day, then drive back to Heraklion to catch our flight to Paris. Is this worth the time and trouble to travel to the western part of the island, or is there other options people recommend.
All suggestions are very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브배팅┏么】 SOJU98。ZE。AM 【么┓라이브배팅
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 5 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 6 Day trips around Vienna
- 7 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Vacation
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Praiano hotel question
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 St Denis Cathedral
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Italy bus or train
- 22 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 25 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited