I am going to be traveling to Greece in September for my honeymoon. I kind of messed up my itinerary due to hotel availability earlier in the trip and not knowing the ferry schedule leaving me with a very short time in Crete. The more I read about it, the more time I wish I had to spend in Crete.
Here is my situation:
Depart Santorini on Sept. 22nd.
There are only two ferries from Santorini to Crete, both in the early evening, and flights are too expensive.
Depart Heraklion for Paris at 2:30 PM on Sept 24th.
What would be the most enjoyable use of our limited time in Crete?
I originally thought of renting a car and driving (2 hours to Chania) estimated arrival is 9:30-10PM. Then either hike the Samarja Gorge, or take a boat tour to see Gramvousa and Balos Lagoon the next day, then drive back to Heraklion to catch our flight to Paris. Is this worth the time and trouble to travel to the western part of the island, or is there other options people recommend.
All suggestions are very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 2 빠찡코온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 6 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 15 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 16 Valencia Spain
- 17 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 18 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 19 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 20 Whistle stop family road trip
- 21 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 22 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 23 Scotland itinerary advice
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 Porto in January