I am going to be traveling to Greece in September for my honeymoon. I kind of messed up my itinerary due to hotel availability earlier in the trip and not knowing the ferry schedule leaving me with a very short time in Crete. The more I read about it, the more time I wish I had to spend in Crete.
Here is my situation:
Depart Santorini on Sept. 22nd.
There are only two ferries from Santorini to Crete, both in the early evening, and flights are too expensive.
Depart Heraklion for Paris at 2:30 PM on Sept 24th.
What would be the most enjoyable use of our limited time in Crete?
I originally thought of renting a car and driving (2 hours to Chania) estimated arrival is 9:30-10PM. Then either hike the Samarja Gorge, or take a boat tour to see Gramvousa and Balos Lagoon the next day, then drive back to Heraklion to catch our flight to Paris. Is this worth the time and trouble to travel to the western part of the island, or is there other options people recommend.
All suggestions are very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://fornatgaex.com/skinfresh-md/
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 8 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 9 Bremerhaven and environs
- 10 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 11 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 16 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 17 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 18 5 Days in Switzerland
- 19 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 23 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?