As part of our honeymoon in Europe, my husband and I would like to do a road trip from Munich to Bruges. We are planning on spending about a week in Germany, starting in Munich on September 30, 2014 (we have to fly into Munich as part of our prebooked itinerary). We were thinking of spending about 2-3 days in Munich checking out Oktoberfest and the city itself. We would like to see Dachau as well (we are interested in WWII history). From there we were thinking of renting a car and driving for the next few days to reach Belgium around the end of the week. Then we will spend about a week in Belgium (we are interested in Bruges and visiting some Flemish towns). Neither of us have been to Germany or Belgium before. Any advice on how to plan our road trip and which towns to stop in? I was wondering about the romantic road and the Rhine valley, but any suggestions are welcome! We are both in our early thirties.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!