As part of our honeymoon in Europe, my husband and I would like to do a road trip from Munich to Bruges. We are planning on spending about a week in Germany, starting in Munich on September 30, 2014 (we have to fly into Munich as part of our prebooked itinerary). We were thinking of spending about 2-3 days in Munich checking out Oktoberfest and the city itself. We would like to see Dachau as well (we are interested in WWII history). From there we were thinking of renting a car and driving for the next few days to reach Belgium around the end of the week. Then we will spend about a week in Belgium (we are interested in Bruges and visiting some Flemish towns). Neither of us have been to Germany or Belgium before. Any advice on how to plan our road trip and which towns to stop in? I was wondering about the romantic road and the Rhine valley, but any suggestions are welcome! We are both in our early thirties.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 6 Spain and South of France
- 7 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Algarve location Help
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 21 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 Germany family road trip help!
- 24 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg