As part of our honeymoon in Europe, my husband and I would like to do a road trip from Munich to Bruges. We are planning on spending about a week in Germany, starting in Munich on September 30, 2014 (we have to fly into Munich as part of our prebooked itinerary). We were thinking of spending about 2-3 days in Munich checking out Oktoberfest and the city itself. We would like to see Dachau as well (we are interested in WWII history). From there we were thinking of renting a car and driving for the next few days to reach Belgium around the end of the week. Then we will spend about a week in Belgium (we are interested in Bruges and visiting some Flemish towns). Neither of us have been to Germany or Belgium before. Any advice on how to plan our road trip and which towns to stop in? I was wondering about the romantic road and the Rhine valley, but any suggestions are welcome! We are both in our early thirties.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dell@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Ex-pats with young kids
- 4 Maximizing Norway time
- 5 Greece
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 southeast sicily town as home base
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Top Tapas Tascas
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Iceland car rental agencies
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 Best Viking Sites
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living