As part of our honeymoon in Europe, my husband and I would like to do a road trip from Munich to Bruges. We are planning on spending about a week in Germany, starting in Munich on September 30, 2014 (we have to fly into Munich as part of our prebooked itinerary). We were thinking of spending about 2-3 days in Munich checking out Oktoberfest and the city itself. We would like to see Dachau as well (we are interested in WWII history). From there we were thinking of renting a car and driving for the next few days to reach Belgium around the end of the week. Then we will spend about a week in Belgium (we are interested in Bruges and visiting some Flemish towns). Neither of us have been to Germany or Belgium before. Any advice on how to plan our road trip and which towns to stop in? I was wondering about the romantic road and the Rhine valley, but any suggestions are welcome! We are both in our early thirties.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 2 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 3 travel around Spain
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Another Question re Scotland
- 6 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 7 Anniversary Trip to Ireland
- 8 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...
- 9 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 10 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 11 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 12 Restaurants
- 13 Where to stay in Umbria
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 16 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 17 Confused on which train pass
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 20 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 21 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 22 Gap of Dunloe
- 23 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 24 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 25 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily