I booked our round trip ferry from Helsinki to St Petersburg with a 72 hr visa free stay in St Petersburg. I received an email from the St Pete line that the schedules were changing and I should change my booking or cancel.
So........ here is my question: The new schedule does not coordinate with our other bookings and flights but I really want to see St Petersburg. I do not want to have to get a visa for 72 hrs though. What will work for us is to ferry from Tallinni to St Petes and then train back to Helsinki before the 72hrs is up.
Does anyone know if this is acceptable with regards to staying the 72hrs? Do you have to ferry round trip or only enter St Petes on a ferry? It's really strange because the schedule used to coincide perfectly for 72 hrs stays and now it does not. It is not coordinated at all.
Thanks for any help you can give. I've emailed the St Pete line but have not heard back yet. There are hotel reservations I need to change so I'm trying to find out ASAP.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Theater in London
- 6 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 Umbria / Le Marche
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 14 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 15 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 16 Food in Positano
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Katyn massacres
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions