I booked our round trip ferry from Helsinki to St Petersburg with a 72 hr visa free stay in St Petersburg. I received an email from the St Pete line that the schedules were changing and I should change my booking or cancel.
So........ here is my question: The new schedule does not coordinate with our other bookings and flights but I really want to see St Petersburg. I do not want to have to get a visa for 72 hrs though. What will work for us is to ferry from Tallinni to St Petes and then train back to Helsinki before the 72hrs is up.
Does anyone know if this is acceptable with regards to staying the 72hrs? Do you have to ferry round trip or only enter St Petes on a ferry? It's really strange because the schedule used to coincide perfectly for 72 hrs stays and now it does not. It is not coordinated at all.
Thanks for any help you can give. I've emailed the St Pete line but have not heard back yet. There are hotel reservations I need to change so I'm trying to find out ASAP.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 3 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 5 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 6 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 7 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 8 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 9 Pousadas in Portugal
- 10 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 11 Antiques shopping Rome
- 12 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 13 Scotland Trip Planning
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 16 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 17 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 18 Paris food tours?
- 19 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 20 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 21 Lake Maggiore
- 22 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 23 Must sees in Malaga
- 24 Another Book List for Italy
- 25 Italy train question