I booked our round trip ferry from Helsinki to St Petersburg with a 72 hr visa free stay in St Petersburg. I received an email from the St Pete line that the schedules were changing and I should change my booking or cancel.
So........ here is my question: The new schedule does not coordinate with our other bookings and flights but I really want to see St Petersburg. I do not want to have to get a visa for 72 hrs though. What will work for us is to ferry from Tallinni to St Petes and then train back to Helsinki before the 72hrs is up.
Does anyone know if this is acceptable with regards to staying the 72hrs? Do you have to ferry round trip or only enter St Petes on a ferry? It's really strange because the schedule used to coincide perfectly for 72 hrs stays and now it does not. It is not coordinated at all.
Thanks for any help you can give. I've emailed the St Pete line but have not heard back yet. There are hotel reservations I need to change so I'm trying to find out ASAP.
Help Please!!!Visa free travel to St Petes question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 2 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 3 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 4 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 5 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 9 Paris November 2014
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 15 Arc de Triumph Question
- 16 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?