Hello fellow travelers,
I’ve been planning a trip to Spain this summer and have received many great tips on the itinerary on a different thread ( http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/please-help-with-itinerary-draft-for-madrid-andalucia.cfm), but I have run into a snag finalizing transportation between cities. I have read that the Granada train station is closed, and many are using the buses instead. However, when I have followed the links that have been shared, I can’t begin to decipher the various schedules!
On www.alsa.es/en, when I try to enter Point of Departure: Seville, that shows, but when I enter Destination: Ronda, it defaults to Ondara. Is Ondara where we want to go?
Or if I try to enter Point of Departure: Ronda, it defaults to Barcelona Ronda, and that doesn’t sound at all like what I want.
On www.samar.es, I have tried entering Ronda under Origin and Granada under Destination. Ronda appears, but greyed out and Granada won’t enter.
I have seen links to taqui.sinfe.net, but that doesn’t open anything for me!
I have already booked some trains for the beginning of our trip, and I’d prefer to do rail travel for the rest, but it sounds like that won’t be an option in July. Can anyone help clarify if we really need to go by bus, and how on earth to see the timetable?
Specifically, I need to know the name of the bus stations for Seville, Ronda, Granada and Malaga.
The buses look good, and I know that we could wait until we get there to buy tickets, but I don’t even know how many buses/day there are or what times they run.
Thank you so much to anyone who can help me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
Help please: bus/train travel in July! Seville-Ronda-Granada-Malaga
Hello fellow travelers,