I am attempting to plan an 8 day trip to Europe for this July. My boyfriend and I are looking to combine some sightseeing with relaxing/outdoor activities We were thinking of starting in Switzerland and/or Italy-- really interested in places like Lake Lugano for 2-3 days (we've been to Como and loved it) though open to any ideas down there.. and then skipping over to another city or two (ideas like Genoa, Venice, Zurich, Vienna...). I would even venture into Provence -- have been to coast of French Riviera but not in the countryside.
Would love to hear what thoughts are ... i.e. what is feasible and best worth our (limited) time... also what's ideal to do at that time of the year...
Also to note, we have seen most of the major Europe sites/cities, so looking for different options/off the beat options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice