I am attempting to plan an 8 day trip to Europe for this July. My boyfriend and I are looking to combine some sightseeing with relaxing/outdoor activities We were thinking of starting in Switzerland and/or Italy-- really interested in places like Lake Lugano for 2-3 days (we've been to Como and loved it) though open to any ideas down there.. and then skipping over to another city or two (ideas like Genoa, Venice, Zurich, Vienna...). I would even venture into Provence -- have been to coast of French Riviera but not in the countryside.
Would love to hear what thoughts are ... i.e. what is feasible and best worth our (limited) time... also what's ideal to do at that time of the year...
Also to note, we have seen most of the major Europe sites/cities, so looking for different options/off the beat options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 3 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 7 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 14 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 15 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 16 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Praiano
- 19 Ronda Wine/biking
- 20 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 21 Undisclsoed location
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?