I am attempting to plan an 8 day trip to Europe for this July. My boyfriend and I are looking to combine some sightseeing with relaxing/outdoor activities We were thinking of starting in Switzerland and/or Italy-- really interested in places like Lake Lugano for 2-3 days (we've been to Como and loved it) though open to any ideas down there.. and then skipping over to another city or two (ideas like Genoa, Venice, Zurich, Vienna...). I would even venture into Provence -- have been to coast of French Riviera but not in the countryside.
Would love to hear what thoughts are ... i.e. what is feasible and best worth our (limited) time... also what's ideal to do at that time of the year...
Also to note, we have seen most of the major Europe sites/cities, so looking for different options/off the beat options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where are the Mods?
- 2 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 3 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 4 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 5 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 6 Visit to Engand
- 7 Cinqueterre
- 8 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 9 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 10 Help with basic itinerary
- 11 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 12 Final Four
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 15 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 16 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 17 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 21 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 22 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 23 Short Trip to Paris
- 24 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 25 Alhambra ticket confusions