My wife and a I are planning a 21 day trip to Spain/Portugal in April 2010. Any opinions or info is appreciated. We will be there April 6 - 28th. Flying in to Madrid and out of Barcelona. Here is our rough outline based on some Fodorite trip reports (thanks Indian Couple samuell) and some tweaking of my own. My wife really wants a day trip to Morocco, I don't, any opinions on this. I know our itinerary seems packed but we are very early risers and like to do a lot in a small amount of time. I have left some relaxation time for Algarves and Mallorca. Otherwise we are ready to do some aggressive traveling and EATING!
April 6 – April 28, 2010
Madrid (daytrip or overnights to Toledo and Segoiva) 3-5 days
Lisbon (daytrips to Sintra & Cascais) 4-5 days
Algarves 2-3 days
Sevilla 2 days
Gibraltar 1 day (daytrip to Morocco)
Cordoba 1 day
Valencia 1-2 days
Mallorca 2-3 days
Barcelona (daytrips to ???) 4-5 days
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 4 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 5 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 6 Amsterdam and beyond
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Alsace
- 10 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 11 November in Greece
- 12 Travel help laundary
- 13 Italian trains on Sunday
- 14 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 15 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 16 Sweden- and another thing
- 17 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 18 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 19 My summer in Paris
- 20 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 21 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 22 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 23 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 24 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 25 Austrian Alps