My wife and a I are planning a 21 day trip to Spain/Portugal in April 2010. Any opinions or info is appreciated. We will be there April 6 - 28th. Flying in to Madrid and out of Barcelona. Here is our rough outline based on some Fodorite trip reports (thanks Indian Couple samuell) and some tweaking of my own. My wife really wants a day trip to Morocco, I don't, any opinions on this. I know our itinerary seems packed but we are very early risers and like to do a lot in a small amount of time. I have left some relaxation time for Algarves and Mallorca. Otherwise we are ready to do some aggressive traveling and EATING!
April 6 – April 28, 2010
Madrid (daytrip or overnights to Toledo and Segoiva) 3-5 days
Lisbon (daytrips to Sintra & Cascais) 4-5 days
Algarves 2-3 days
Sevilla 2 days
Gibraltar 1 day (daytrip to Morocco)
Cordoba 1 day
Valencia 1-2 days
Mallorca 2-3 days
Barcelona (daytrips to ???) 4-5 days
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi or Positano
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Holiday in Europe
- 4 2 weeks in Prague
- 5 student in denmark
- 6 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 7 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 8 Train from Lille to Delft
- 9 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 10 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 11 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 12 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 13 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 14 Hostel Advice
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 17 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 18 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Belgium advice
- 21 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 22 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 23 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 24 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 25 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon