My wife and a I are planning a 21 day trip to Spain/Portugal in April 2010. Any opinions or info is appreciated. We will be there April 6 - 28th. Flying in to Madrid and out of Barcelona. Here is our rough outline based on some Fodorite trip reports (thanks Indian Couple samuell) and some tweaking of my own. My wife really wants a day trip to Morocco, I don't, any opinions on this. I know our itinerary seems packed but we are very early risers and like to do a lot in a small amount of time. I have left some relaxation time for Algarves and Mallorca. Otherwise we are ready to do some aggressive traveling and EATING!
April 6 – April 28, 2010
Madrid (daytrip or overnights to Toledo and Segoiva) 3-5 days
Lisbon (daytrips to Sintra & Cascais) 4-5 days
Algarves 2-3 days
Sevilla 2 days
Gibraltar 1 day (daytrip to Morocco)
Cordoba 1 day
Valencia 1-2 days
Mallorca 2-3 days
Barcelona (daytrips to ???) 4-5 days
Thanks in advance.
Help planning Spain/Portugal Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 2 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 3 Two days in Dublin
- 4 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 5 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 6 Venice tourist travel pass
- 7 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 8 Train from Sarlat
- 9 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 10 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 11 Trains
- 12 Airb2b in Paris
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 4 days in Scotland
- 15 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 16 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 17 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 18 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 21 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 22 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 23 malaga to madrid train ?
- 24 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS