My wife and a I are planning a 21 day trip to Spain/Portugal in April 2010. Any opinions or info is appreciated. We will be there April 6 - 28th. Flying in to Madrid and out of Barcelona. Here is our rough outline based on some Fodorite trip reports (thanks Indian Couple samuell) and some tweaking of my own. My wife really wants a day trip to Morocco, I don't, any opinions on this. I know our itinerary seems packed but we are very early risers and like to do a lot in a small amount of time. I have left some relaxation time for Algarves and Mallorca. Otherwise we are ready to do some aggressive traveling and EATING!
April 6 – April 28, 2010
Madrid (daytrip or overnights to Toledo and Segoiva) 3-5 days
Lisbon (daytrips to Sintra & Cascais) 4-5 days
Algarves 2-3 days
Sevilla 2 days
Gibraltar 1 day (daytrip to Morocco)
Cordoba 1 day
Valencia 1-2 days
Mallorca 2-3 days
Barcelona (daytrips to ???) 4-5 days
Thanks in advance.
Help planning Spain/Portugal Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 5 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 8 10 days to Explore Europe
- 9 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 12 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 15 Help with France itinerary
- 16 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 17 German Rail Twin Pass
- 18 London restaurants
- 19 White Villages base?
- 20 plug adapters ITALY
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 23 biking in France
- 24 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?