Trying to plan my first solo trip overseas (I have 27 days to play with - excluding 2 either end for traveling from Aus). I originally had a list longer than my arm of places I want to go but I've managed to narrow it down to three countries that I must see: Italy, Hungary and Jordan (not Europe I know, but hoping there may be someone more knowledgeable than I on this forum).
A rough itinerary would be:
-Land Rome - 5 nights
-Jump on a tour of South Italy leaving from Rome - 3 nights
-Back in Rome - 1 night
-Florence - 5 nights
-Budapest - 4 nights
-Amman - tour of Petra, dead sea, etc. - 9 nights
Originally I thought I'd fly between countries (Florence to Budapest, Budapest to Amman) but the more I look into it I realise it's not that simple! There doesn't seem to be any direct flights between these places.
I'm really hoping to fit all these countries into one trip but I'm starting to think it may be impossible with the time I have.... could anybody suggest an amended itinerary which may make more sense? Or perhaps I need to re-think my plans entirely....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 4 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 5 Lisbon
- 6 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 7 Car insurance in Iceland
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 Cappadocia in June
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Krakow
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Moscow Favorites
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy