Trying to plan my first solo trip overseas (I have 27 days to play with - excluding 2 either end for traveling from Aus). I originally had a list longer than my arm of places I want to go but I've managed to narrow it down to three countries that I must see: Italy, Hungary and Jordan (not Europe I know, but hoping there may be someone more knowledgeable than I on this forum).
A rough itinerary would be:
-Land Rome - 5 nights
-Jump on a tour of South Italy leaving from Rome - 3 nights
-Back in Rome - 1 night
-Florence - 5 nights
-Budapest - 4 nights
-Amman - tour of Petra, dead sea, etc. - 9 nights
Originally I thought I'd fly between countries (Florence to Budapest, Budapest to Amman) but the more I look into it I realise it's not that simple! There doesn't seem to be any direct flights between these places.
I'm really hoping to fit all these countries into one trip but I'm starting to think it may be impossible with the time I have.... could anybody suggest an amended itinerary which may make more sense? Or perhaps I need to re-think my plans entirely....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 4 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Which Hotel in Rome
- 9 6 Days in Italy
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 SE ITALY
- 13 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 14 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 17 renting
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 20 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 21 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 22 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 23 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 24 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?