Trying to plan my first solo trip overseas (I have 27 days to play with - excluding 2 either end for traveling from Aus). I originally had a list longer than my arm of places I want to go but I've managed to narrow it down to three countries that I must see: Italy, Hungary and Jordan (not Europe I know, but hoping there may be someone more knowledgeable than I on this forum).
A rough itinerary would be:
-Land Rome - 5 nights
-Jump on a tour of South Italy leaving from Rome - 3 nights
-Back in Rome - 1 night
-Florence - 5 nights
-Budapest - 4 nights
-Amman - tour of Petra, dead sea, etc. - 9 nights
Originally I thought I'd fly between countries (Florence to Budapest, Budapest to Amman) but the more I look into it I realise it's not that simple! There doesn't seem to be any direct flights between these places.
I'm really hoping to fit all these countries into one trip but I'm starting to think it may be impossible with the time I have.... could anybody suggest an amended itinerary which may make more sense? Or perhaps I need to re-think my plans entirely....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy?
- 2 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 3 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 4 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 5 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 8 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 9 Shoes in Scotland
- 10 Engadine Valley help
- 11 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 12 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Naples, Italy
- 15 Ireland in April
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 18 French restaurants
- 19 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 20 Tuscany 6 nights
- 21 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 24 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 25 Planning a European Trip