Trying to plan my first solo trip overseas (I have 27 days to play with - excluding 2 either end for traveling from Aus). I originally had a list longer than my arm of places I want to go but I've managed to narrow it down to three countries that I must see: Italy, Hungary and Jordan (not Europe I know, but hoping there may be someone more knowledgeable than I on this forum).
A rough itinerary would be:
-Land Rome - 5 nights
-Jump on a tour of South Italy leaving from Rome - 3 nights
-Back in Rome - 1 night
-Florence - 5 nights
-Budapest - 4 nights
-Amman - tour of Petra, dead sea, etc. - 9 nights
Originally I thought I'd fly between countries (Florence to Budapest, Budapest to Amman) but the more I look into it I realise it's not that simple! There doesn't seem to be any direct flights between these places.
I'm really hoping to fit all these countries into one trip but I'm starting to think it may be impossible with the time I have.... could anybody suggest an amended itinerary which may make more sense? Or perhaps I need to re-think my plans entirely....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 6 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 9 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 10 Spain in November
- 11 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 13 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 18 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 19 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 20 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 21 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 22 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 23 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 24 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 25 Europe's Most Famous Streets?