I hope everyone enjoyed a blessed Christmas and is looking forward to a Happy 2016!
The Mr. and I will be in Strasbourg in late June. Initially, we were just going to use Strasbourg as our base and rent a car for one day to see Le Struthof and Mont. St. Odile. Now, I'm rethinking this plan.
Would you help me fine tune it please?
My new thought is to rent the car on a Tuesday and spend the night in Obernai. I have found a nifty map @ getalsaced.com that is helping me see the 'relative' distance of one place in relationship to the next. Based on that map here is my plan:
Leave Strasbourg and head to Le Struthof for a tour.
Lunch in Rosheim - Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Can you suggest a better idea?
Check into our hotel in Obernai (still to be determined.) Recommendations are welcome!
Visit Mont St. Odile
Where else should we go?
Can anyone offer recommendations for a great wine tasting experience or dinner in the area?
Walking tour of Obernai in the early a.m. with someone from the Tourism Office
Anywhere else we should see while in the vicinity? Places like Colmar, Riquewihr, Haut Koenigsbourg, and Equisheim will be seen on Monday with a tour guide.
Eventually, we plan to make our way back to Strasbourg and take a train to Paris. I have a couple of questions here. Will we need to book these tickets in advance? I'm hoping not, because that takes out the flexibility of the day, but I can book a later in the day ticket and we will just make it work. Also, in relationship to the train station where will we drop off (and pickup) the car? Oh one other thing. When we pickup the car, how 'flexible' is that timing? I ask because we won't want to pick it up until we leave town. Depending on how much we have covered during the rest of our stay in Strasbourg, we might leave early in the a.m. or if there is something we want to see or do before we leave town, it may be later in the a.m.
As always any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?