I hope everyone enjoyed a blessed Christmas and is looking forward to a Happy 2016!
The Mr. and I will be in Strasbourg in late June. Initially, we were just going to use Strasbourg as our base and rent a car for one day to see Le Struthof and Mont. St. Odile. Now, I'm rethinking this plan.
Would you help me fine tune it please?
My new thought is to rent the car on a Tuesday and spend the night in Obernai. I have found a nifty map @ getalsaced.com that is helping me see the 'relative' distance of one place in relationship to the next. Based on that map here is my plan:
Leave Strasbourg and head to Le Struthof for a tour.
Lunch in Rosheim - Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Can you suggest a better idea?
Check into our hotel in Obernai (still to be determined.) Recommendations are welcome!
Visit Mont St. Odile
Where else should we go?
Can anyone offer recommendations for a great wine tasting experience or dinner in the area?
Walking tour of Obernai in the early a.m. with someone from the Tourism Office
Anywhere else we should see while in the vicinity? Places like Colmar, Riquewihr, Haut Koenigsbourg, and Equisheim will be seen on Monday with a tour guide.
Eventually, we plan to make our way back to Strasbourg and take a train to Paris. I have a couple of questions here. Will we need to book these tickets in advance? I'm hoping not, because that takes out the flexibility of the day, but I can book a later in the day ticket and we will just make it work. Also, in relationship to the train station where will we drop off (and pickup) the car? Oh one other thing. When we pickup the car, how 'flexible' is that timing? I ask because we won't want to pick it up until we leave town. Depending on how much we have covered during the rest of our stay in Strasbourg, we might leave early in the a.m. or if there is something we want to see or do before we leave town, it may be later in the a.m.
As always any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 2 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 3 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Itinerary Tweaking
- 10 Itinerary Help
- 11 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 18 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 19 Amalfi Coast help
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants