I hope everyone enjoyed a blessed Christmas and is looking forward to a Happy 2016!
The Mr. and I will be in Strasbourg in late June. Initially, we were just going to use Strasbourg as our base and rent a car for one day to see Le Struthof and Mont. St. Odile. Now, I'm rethinking this plan.
Would you help me fine tune it please?
My new thought is to rent the car on a Tuesday and spend the night in Obernai. I have found a nifty map @ getalsaced.com that is helping me see the 'relative' distance of one place in relationship to the next. Based on that map here is my plan:
Leave Strasbourg and head to Le Struthof for a tour.
Lunch in Rosheim - Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Can you suggest a better idea?
Check into our hotel in Obernai (still to be determined.) Recommendations are welcome!
Visit Mont St. Odile
Where else should we go?
Can anyone offer recommendations for a great wine tasting experience or dinner in the area?
Walking tour of Obernai in the early a.m. with someone from the Tourism Office
Anywhere else we should see while in the vicinity? Places like Colmar, Riquewihr, Haut Koenigsbourg, and Equisheim will be seen on Monday with a tour guide.
Eventually, we plan to make our way back to Strasbourg and take a train to Paris. I have a couple of questions here. Will we need to book these tickets in advance? I'm hoping not, because that takes out the flexibility of the day, but I can book a later in the day ticket and we will just make it work. Also, in relationship to the train station where will we drop off (and pickup) the car? Oh one other thing. When we pickup the car, how 'flexible' is that timing? I ask because we won't want to pick it up until we leave town. Depending on how much we have covered during the rest of our stay in Strasbourg, we might leave early in the a.m. or if there is something we want to see or do before we leave town, it may be later in the a.m.
As always any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 limousine services - milan - rome
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 5 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Camogli and surrounds
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 11 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 12 2 days in Florence
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 16 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 17 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 22 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 24 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€