I'm planning my trip to Europe for the end of July. I have two weekends and a week in between. I have booked a round trip to London, Heathrow. We will take a short flight from London to Paris to spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This will be my 2nd time in Paris, so I'm already familiar with what I'd like to see. I plan to fly from Paris to Italy on Sunday morning, meaning I will reach Italy in the early afternoon on Sunday. I then plan to fly back from Italy to London on Friday morning in order to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday in London. I fly back to Canada on Monday afternoon.
This means I have about 5 days in Italy. We are a couple and want to make the most of our trip. We don't expect to see absolutely everything. I'd like some sightseeing with some decent shopping as well. We like scenic sites as well, but get bored of them quickly. Thus prefer cities where there is a lot more to do and see. We'd like to see Rome. I would like to see the Amalfi Coast or Venice. I know there are plenty of trains, but don't want to spend most of my trip travelling.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? As well as suggestions for an efficient itinerary. I haven't booked flights into and out of Italy yet. So airports that are convenient would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 4 days in Provence in early June
- 3 Trip to Rome
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 15 Transportation
- 16 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 17 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 18 Things to do in Montpellier
- 19 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 20 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 21 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 22 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 23 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 24 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 25 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape