I'm planning my trip to Europe for the end of July. I have two weekends and a week in between. I have booked a round trip to London, Heathrow. We will take a short flight from London to Paris to spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This will be my 2nd time in Paris, so I'm already familiar with what I'd like to see. I plan to fly from Paris to Italy on Sunday morning, meaning I will reach Italy in the early afternoon on Sunday. I then plan to fly back from Italy to London on Friday morning in order to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday in London. I fly back to Canada on Monday afternoon.
This means I have about 5 days in Italy. We are a couple and want to make the most of our trip. We don't expect to see absolutely everything. I'd like some sightseeing with some decent shopping as well. We like scenic sites as well, but get bored of them quickly. Thus prefer cities where there is a lot more to do and see. We'd like to see Rome. I would like to see the Amalfi Coast or Venice. I know there are plenty of trains, but don't want to spend most of my trip travelling.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? As well as suggestions for an efficient itinerary. I haven't booked flights into and out of Italy yet. So airports that are convenient would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 3 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 7 Athens
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Meteora for older folk
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Budapest & Prague
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 21 Paris day trips August
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Acorn TV
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years