I'm planning my trip to Europe for the end of July. I have two weekends and a week in between. I have booked a round trip to London, Heathrow. We will take a short flight from London to Paris to spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This will be my 2nd time in Paris, so I'm already familiar with what I'd like to see. I plan to fly from Paris to Italy on Sunday morning, meaning I will reach Italy in the early afternoon on Sunday. I then plan to fly back from Italy to London on Friday morning in order to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday in London. I fly back to Canada on Monday afternoon.
This means I have about 5 days in Italy. We are a couple and want to make the most of our trip. We don't expect to see absolutely everything. I'd like some sightseeing with some decent shopping as well. We like scenic sites as well, but get bored of them quickly. Thus prefer cities where there is a lot more to do and see. We'd like to see Rome. I would like to see the Amalfi Coast or Venice. I know there are plenty of trains, but don't want to spend most of my trip travelling.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? As well as suggestions for an efficient itinerary. I haven't booked flights into and out of Italy yet. So airports that are convenient would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 8 Which Day?
- 9 barcelona neighborhood
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 12 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary