I'm planning my trip to Europe for the end of July. I have two weekends and a week in between. I have booked a round trip to London, Heathrow. We will take a short flight from London to Paris to spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This will be my 2nd time in Paris, so I'm already familiar with what I'd like to see. I plan to fly from Paris to Italy on Sunday morning, meaning I will reach Italy in the early afternoon on Sunday. I then plan to fly back from Italy to London on Friday morning in order to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday in London. I fly back to Canada on Monday afternoon.
This means I have about 5 days in Italy. We are a couple and want to make the most of our trip. We don't expect to see absolutely everything. I'd like some sightseeing with some decent shopping as well. We like scenic sites as well, but get bored of them quickly. Thus prefer cities where there is a lot more to do and see. We'd like to see Rome. I would like to see the Amalfi Coast or Venice. I know there are plenty of trains, but don't want to spend most of my trip travelling.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? As well as suggestions for an efficient itinerary. I haven't booked flights into and out of Italy yet. So airports that are convenient would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 16 San Sebastián
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January