Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 4 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 5 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 6 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Reputable Tours
- 11 Is my plan ok
- 12 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 15 Ideas for Spain in May
- 16 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 17 Portugal Trip
- 18 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 19 5 Observations About Paris
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 21 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 22 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 23 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 24 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 25 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June