Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 6 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Trip Ideas
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay