Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 2 Potential trip - Balkans
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 6 rail pass
- 7 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 8 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 9 Satnav maps update
- 10 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 11 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 12 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 13 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 14 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 15 France to Italy advice needed please
- 16 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 17 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 18 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 19 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 20 Spanish Music
- 21 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 24 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 25 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy