Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 10 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 11 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 14 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)