Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 2 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 3 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 8 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 9 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 13 Rome Food Tour
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 17 First Time to UK since 2001
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!