Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
- 1 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 2 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 3 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 4 Do and don't, eating in France
- 5 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 6 Places to visit from London
- 7 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 10 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 11 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 12 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 13 Paris museums free admission
- 14 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 15 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 16 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 Spain with kids
- 19 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 20 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 21 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 22 Meeting up at CDG
- 23 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 24 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 25 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?