Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 4 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 5 Positano Hotel in September
- 6 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Scotland itinerary advice
- 12 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 13 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 14 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 15 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 Where To Find Adventure In Croatia?
- 19 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 20 Best flight is Vueling airlines, experiences?
- 21 The DCC scam is spreading
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 24 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning