Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 2 Sachsenhausen?
- 3 Rome to Positano
- 4 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 9 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 10 Amalfi Coast + Croatia Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Poland in September
- 13 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 14 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 15 Hotel advice
- 16 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 17 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 18 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 19 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 20 Taormina, Sicily
- 21 River Boat Cruise
- 22 Croatia travel ideas
- 23 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 24 house exchange
- 25 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central