Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Terrorism in Europe
- 2 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 3 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 4 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 5 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 6 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 7 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 9 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 10 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 11 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 12 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 13 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 14 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 15 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 16 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 17 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 18 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 19 Night Train - Need help
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 Traveling to France
- 22 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 23 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 24 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 25 using airbnb for the first time...