Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?