Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 2 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 3 Paris and Lyon
- 4 tipping
- 5 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 6 Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum
- 7 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 8 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 9 Santorini and Positano.
- 10 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 11 Tips question
- 12 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 13 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 14 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 15 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 16 From Galway: go north or south???
- 17 Rome at Christmas
- 18 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 19 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 20 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 21 Provins on a weekday?
- 22 Oberammergau and Fussen
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 25 What clothes?