Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 3 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 Scotland Votes "No"
- 6 Transports in Santorini
- 7 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 12 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 17 Best day trips from Paris
- 18 Santorini transportation
- 19 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 20 Gift for French business associate
- 21 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 22 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 23 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 24 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 25 Air France strike is extended until 26 September