Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
- 1 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 2 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 3 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 4 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 8 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 9 Prague Main Train Station
- 10 Venice in Jan
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 15 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 16 British drivers
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 21 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Spain Travel
- 24 Trieste as a day trip?
- 25 Trieste as a day trip?