Some friends are going to Italy and I have been helping them plan.
They will be leaving Rome on a Sunday and need to pick up a rental car for use in the Chianti area for the next week. I know many on this board recommend taking the train to Orvieto to get the car. I suggested this to them, but they have discovered the rental car agency is not open on Sunday.
Will this be the case for all rental car agencies? Or can someone suggest another town in route they could train to? Or should they just train to somewhere close to Radda (where they are staying) and get a car Mon? If so, where would be closest? Or just get the car in Rome?
Thanks so much, as always, for any help!
Help! Picking up a rental car on a Sun?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Munich
- 2 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 6 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 11 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 12 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 13 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 14 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 15 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 16 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 17 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 18 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 24 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!