I bought some packaged Iberico ham from a small shop in Madrid, and have not been refrigerating the packages since ( 1 1/2 weeks). Do they last without refrigeration?
The packages were stored in a open fridge at the shop, but when I asked the store staff whether it requires refrigeration, they said no. Well, not sure if either of us understood each other in single-word Spanish communication! I think they said something about the packages were vaccuum sealed.
Anyway, just want too check before I feed the stuff to my family at a picnic this weekend. I don't want to poison the whole family because of my poor understanding of Spanish!
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 2 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 3 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 4 Leather goods in Florence
- 5 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 France Itinerary Advice
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 French election
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 22 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 French Election - Questions???
Help! Packaged Ham Bought from Spain Requires Refrigeration?