As part of a planned 6-week trip to Europe in June/July 2013, my wife and I plan to spend 9 or 10 nights in Austria.
So far the plan is to stay 5 nights in Vienna (after having come from Prague) and 3 nights in Saltzburg before heading to Munich for the final leg of our trip.
We have seen many, many posters mention the lovely Salzkammergut lakes district around an hour from Saltzburg. The towns most mentioned are: Hallstatt, Wolfgangsee and St Gilgen.
My question is:
Is there some way we could visit all those places - with overnight stays if need be - on the way to Saltzburg? Or would it be easy/better to travel directly to Saltzburg and take one or two day trips to that area. We hadn't planned on hiring a car because we found last time we spent time in Europe we didn't need one.
In this case is it not possible without a car or is there some other way we could get to see Salzkammergut without one?
Thanks in advance, Steve.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 2 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 3 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 4 http://www.levantecreamtrial.com/beverly-hills-md-dark-spot-corrector/
- 5 Day in London
- 6 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 7 sim card
- 8 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 9 Lake Garda- Italy
- 10 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 11 European Championship
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Plan Italy trip
- 15 http://garciniaweightlose.com/garcinia-active-slim/
- 16 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 17 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 18 when you consider that it swivels
- 19 Train from Rome to Naples
- 20 How to reduce weight
- 21 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 22 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 23 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 24 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 25 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!