As part of a planned 6-week trip to Europe in June/July 2013, my wife and I plan to spend 9 or 10 nights in Austria.
So far the plan is to stay 5 nights in Vienna (after having come from Prague) and 3 nights in Saltzburg before heading to Munich for the final leg of our trip.
We have seen many, many posters mention the lovely Salzkammergut lakes district around an hour from Saltzburg. The towns most mentioned are: Hallstatt, Wolfgangsee and St Gilgen.
My question is:
Is there some way we could visit all those places - with overnight stays if need be - on the way to Saltzburg? Or would it be easy/better to travel directly to Saltzburg and take one or two day trips to that area. We hadn't planned on hiring a car because we found last time we spent time in Europe we didn't need one.
In this case is it not possible without a car or is there some other way we could get to see Salzkammergut without one?
Thanks in advance, Steve.
Help on overnight stays between Vienna and Saltzburg
- 1 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Apartments in Rome
- 10 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 11 Which travel plan?
- 12 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 13 Chambermaid tipping
- 14 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 15 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 16 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris