I will be visiting Portugal next October for 11 days, and here is my plan:
day 01 - 9am - Porto
day 02 - Porto
day 03 - Porto (day trip: Aveiros)
day 04 - Porto
day 05 - Porto/Coimbra
day 06 - Coimbra/Obidos
day 07 - Obidos/Lisboa
day 08 - Lisboa
day 09 - Lisboa (day trip: sintra)
day 10 - Lisboa
day 11 - Lisboa til 23h30
Well, my plan is not to travel in a hurry: i want to have enough time in the cities and also spend a little time in smaller villages (that's why i included a night in Obidos). i dont drive, so ill be travelling on buses or trains - it all depends on costs and duration of the trips.
i have some few questions that i would be glad if you could help me:
- i cant find a way to go from Coimbra to Obidos other than train. but, as far as i read, the train station in Obidos is far from the city. is there any other way to get there?
- i also considered spending only few hours in Coimbra and then make my way to Obidos. but i also read that there are no lockers on Coimbra station.
- i will be travelling by myself, should i worry about it? is Portugal safe?
- i was thinking about visiting Douro's Valley by myself, as a day trip. what do you think?
thanks in advance =))
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip in July
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Campervan in Croatia
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 K-Day
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Things to do in Brussels
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 UK Visa Help
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 Spain in December
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 18 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 19 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 22 Cell Phone Question
- 23 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card