I am planning a 90 day trip to Europe beginning around the first of April.
I like history and nature, trekking and bicyling. Don't care about nightlife, restaurants or shopping.
I am in the 40+ age and am not on a tight budget, but just the same I do travel budget class. I stay in hostels and keep my expenses in check as much as possible in order to travel longer. I don't mind slower, cheaper transport since I have the time to move slowly. I don't want to fly by places but take time to see them. Prefer ground transport to planes when possible.
Below is my first draft. Not sure yet how long to stay in each place. I hope to decide as much as possible along the way. I started in Rome because the weather looks decent in April and I enjoy warm weather. I need to visit family in Baumholder, Germany for a few days.
1- I have put some length of stays next to some places but it is just ballpark figures.
2- If anyone is interested and has the time to look this over and see if it looks okay for a 90 day trip and not be rushed. Add or delete anything?
3- Also, I have read a lot and some say to book trains in advance and others say it is not necessary. So, I am a little confused about that. Are busses a good option if I have the time?
Thanks for any input.
I will fly from Bangkok in to Rome, Italy (not booked) Around April 1
----Rome 4-5 days
----To Venice 4-5 days
----To Cinque Terre (?) 2 Days + Travel time, I need to research this more
----Zurich 1 Day
----Lucerne 1 Day
----Interlaken 1 Day (?) Train from Lucern? Train over Alps to Junfrau Region?
*****Interlaken, Switzerland to Fussen, Germany****
Fussen, Germany 4-5 Days
Munich 4-5 Days
Regensburg 2 Day
Nuremburg 1 Day
Bamburg 1 Day
*****Bamburg, Germany to Prague, Czech Republic*****
Prague 5 Days
Kunta Hora 1-2 Days
*****Kunta Hora, Czech Rep to Krakow, Poland****
Krakow 4 days
****Krakow, Poland to Berlin, Germany*****
Berlin 4-5 Days
*****Berlin, Germany to Amsterdam, Holland*****
Amsterdam 3-4 Days
****Amsterdam to Bruges, Belgium*****
Bruges 1-2 Days
Brussels 1-2 Days
*****Brussels, Belgium to Cologne, Germany****
Cologne 1-2 Days
Baumholder 5-7 Days?
*****Baumholder, Germany to Strasbourg, France****
Strasbourg 1-2 Days
Colmar ? Days
Orleans ? Days
Paris 4-5 Days
****Paris to London, England (Eurostar?)******
ENGLAND 10-14 Days
London 3-4 Days, Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath
*****Liverpool to Edinburg ******
Edinburg 2-3 Days
*****Glasgow to Dublin, Ireland******
Dublin 2-3 Days
Fly Dublin to U.S. (not booked)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노추천⎛→あ【 MO847.CoM 】あ←⎞카지노추천카지노추천
- 2 Lake Como AREA questions
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Madrird and Seville
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Greece
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 16 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 17 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 18 Iceland
- 19 Spain - day driver advice
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 London with Teens Trip Report
- 22 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 24 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 25 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??