I am planning a 90 day trip to Europe beginning around the first of April.
I like history and nature, trekking and bicyling. Don't care about nightlife, restaurants or shopping.
I am in the 40+ age and am not on a tight budget, but just the same I do travel budget class. I stay in hostels and keep my expenses in check as much as possible in order to travel longer. I don't mind slower, cheaper transport since I have the time to move slowly. I don't want to fly by places but take time to see them. Prefer ground transport to planes when possible.
Below is my first draft. Not sure yet how long to stay in each place. I hope to decide as much as possible along the way. I started in Rome because the weather looks decent in April and I enjoy warm weather. I need to visit family in Baumholder, Germany for a few days.
1- I have put some length of stays next to some places but it is just ballpark figures.
2- If anyone is interested and has the time to look this over and see if it looks okay for a 90 day trip and not be rushed. Add or delete anything?
3- Also, I have read a lot and some say to book trains in advance and others say it is not necessary. So, I am a little confused about that. Are busses a good option if I have the time?
Thanks for any input.
I will fly from Bangkok in to Rome, Italy (not booked) Around April 1
----Rome 4-5 days
----To Venice 4-5 days
----To Cinque Terre (?) 2 Days + Travel time, I need to research this more
----Zurich 1 Day
----Lucerne 1 Day
----Interlaken 1 Day (?) Train from Lucern? Train over Alps to Junfrau Region?
*****Interlaken, Switzerland to Fussen, Germany****
Fussen, Germany 4-5 Days
Munich 4-5 Days
Regensburg 2 Day
Nuremburg 1 Day
Bamburg 1 Day
*****Bamburg, Germany to Prague, Czech Republic*****
Prague 5 Days
Kunta Hora 1-2 Days
*****Kunta Hora, Czech Rep to Krakow, Poland****
Krakow 4 days
****Krakow, Poland to Berlin, Germany*****
Berlin 4-5 Days
*****Berlin, Germany to Amsterdam, Holland*****
Amsterdam 3-4 Days
****Amsterdam to Bruges, Belgium*****
Bruges 1-2 Days
Brussels 1-2 Days
*****Brussels, Belgium to Cologne, Germany****
Cologne 1-2 Days
Baumholder 5-7 Days?
*****Baumholder, Germany to Strasbourg, France****
Strasbourg 1-2 Days
Colmar ? Days
Orleans ? Days
Paris 4-5 Days
****Paris to London, England (Eurostar?)******
ENGLAND 10-14 Days
London 3-4 Days, Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath
*****Liverpool to Edinburg ******
Edinburg 2-3 Days
*****Glasgow to Dublin, Ireland******
Dublin 2-3 Days
Fly Dublin to U.S. (not booked)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Via del Sale, Italy
- 2 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 5 Cornwall Advice
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 10 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 13 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Nafplio to Hydra
- 16 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 20 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 23 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 24 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 25 "Never Mind"