I am planning a 90 day trip to Europe beginning around the first of April.
I like history and nature, trekking and bicyling. Don't care about nightlife, restaurants or shopping.
I am in the 40+ age and am not on a tight budget, but just the same I do travel budget class. I stay in hostels and keep my expenses in check as much as possible in order to travel longer. I don't mind slower, cheaper transport since I have the time to move slowly. I don't want to fly by places but take time to see them. Prefer ground transport to planes when possible.
Below is my first draft. Not sure yet how long to stay in each place. I hope to decide as much as possible along the way. I started in Rome because the weather looks decent in April and I enjoy warm weather. I need to visit family in Baumholder, Germany for a few days.
1- I have put some length of stays next to some places but it is just ballpark figures.
2- If anyone is interested and has the time to look this over and see if it looks okay for a 90 day trip and not be rushed. Add or delete anything?
3- Also, I have read a lot and some say to book trains in advance and others say it is not necessary. So, I am a little confused about that. Are busses a good option if I have the time?
Thanks for any input.
I will fly from Bangkok in to Rome, Italy (not booked) Around April 1
----Rome 4-5 days
----To Venice 4-5 days
----To Cinque Terre (?) 2 Days + Travel time, I need to research this more
----Zurich 1 Day
----Lucerne 1 Day
----Interlaken 1 Day (?) Train from Lucern? Train over Alps to Junfrau Region?
*****Interlaken, Switzerland to Fussen, Germany****
Fussen, Germany 4-5 Days
Munich 4-5 Days
Regensburg 2 Day
Nuremburg 1 Day
Bamburg 1 Day
*****Bamburg, Germany to Prague, Czech Republic*****
Prague 5 Days
Kunta Hora 1-2 Days
*****Kunta Hora, Czech Rep to Krakow, Poland****
Krakow 4 days
****Krakow, Poland to Berlin, Germany*****
Berlin 4-5 Days
*****Berlin, Germany to Amsterdam, Holland*****
Amsterdam 3-4 Days
****Amsterdam to Bruges, Belgium*****
Bruges 1-2 Days
Brussels 1-2 Days
*****Brussels, Belgium to Cologne, Germany****
Cologne 1-2 Days
Baumholder 5-7 Days?
*****Baumholder, Germany to Strasbourg, France****
Strasbourg 1-2 Days
Colmar ? Days
Orleans ? Days
Paris 4-5 Days
****Paris to London, England (Eurostar?)******
ENGLAND 10-14 Days
London 3-4 Days, Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath
*****Liverpool to Edinburg ******
Edinburg 2-3 Days
*****Glasgow to Dublin, Ireland******
Dublin 2-3 Days
Fly Dublin to U.S. (not booked)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 2 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 5 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 6 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 11 Oyster card?
- 12 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 London Theater
- 15 multi city flights to europe
- 16 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 17 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 18 Switzerland in September
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 23 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 24 Shorts in South of France?
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid