First of all, please, don't mind my bad english, I'm still learning it.
I'm asking your help on a 20-29 days trip to Austria and Germany with my wife, probably using public transport (maybe we are going to rent a car). We intend to travel by august or september 2013.
I have read many guides and forums about these countries and now I'm very confused about my itinerary. We want to see scenic places and museums are not our priority on this trip (we are saturated by art after seeing Italy and France). We like to walk and explore, learning about local culture and history.
Another priority is to try to make a trip filled with mixed experiences. In other words, we are afraid end seeing pretty much the same things. For example, Salzkammegut area looking like the same as Berchtesgaden or getting bored after seeing all of Ludwig's castles. Every place must look unique and special.
Our first itinerary is as follows - always trying to travel by night:
day 1 - Frankfurt - Wurzburg
day 2 - Wurzburg - Rothenburg
day 3 - Rothenburg
day 4 - Rothenburg - Dinkelsbühl - Nuremberg
day 5 - Nuremberg - Regensburg
day 6 - Regensburg - Landshut
day 7 - Landshut - Garmisch
day 8 - Garmisch - Neuchwanstein - Hohenschwangau [daytrip]
day 9 - Garmisch - Partenkirchen - Zugspitze
day 10 - Garmisch - Mittenwald [daytrip]
day 11 - Garmisch - Oberammergau - Linderhof [daytrip]
day 12 - Garmisch - Munich
day 13 - Munich - Berchtesgaden
day 14 - Berchtesgaden (or Ramsau) - (Herrenchiemsee) [daytrip]
day 15 – Berchtesgaden - Koenigssee [daytrip]
day 16 – Berchtesgaden - Salzburg [daytrip]
day 17 - Berchtesgaden - Werfen ice caves [daytrip] - St Gilgen
day 18 - St Gilgen
day 19 - St Gilgen – Hallstatt [daytrip] - Cesky Krumlov
day 20 – Cesky Krumlov
day 21 – Cesky Krumlov – Prague
day 22 – Prague
day 23 – Prague
day 24 – Prague – Dresden
day 25 – Dresden – Berlin
day 26 – Berlin - Potsdam [daytrip]
day 27 – Berlin
day 28 – Berlin
day 29 – Berlin
day 30 – Berlin
I'm considering also Mosel and Rhine valley and Lake Constance region. Feel free to cut, add or exchange some part or the whole itinerary.
Please, help !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)