First of all, please, don't mind my bad english, I'm still learning it.
I'm asking your help on a 20-29 days trip to Austria and Germany with my wife, probably using public transport (maybe we are going to rent a car). We intend to travel by august or september 2013.
I have read many guides and forums about these countries and now I'm very confused about my itinerary. We want to see scenic places and museums are not our priority on this trip (we are saturated by art after seeing Italy and France). We like to walk and explore, learning about local culture and history.
Another priority is to try to make a trip filled with mixed experiences. In other words, we are afraid end seeing pretty much the same things. For example, Salzkammegut area looking like the same as Berchtesgaden or getting bored after seeing all of Ludwig's castles. Every place must look unique and special.
Our first itinerary is as follows - always trying to travel by night:
day 1 - Frankfurt - Wurzburg
day 2 - Wurzburg - Rothenburg
day 3 - Rothenburg
day 4 - Rothenburg - Dinkelsbühl - Nuremberg
day 5 - Nuremberg - Regensburg
day 6 - Regensburg - Landshut
day 7 - Landshut - Garmisch
day 8 - Garmisch - Neuchwanstein - Hohenschwangau [daytrip]
day 9 - Garmisch - Partenkirchen - Zugspitze
day 10 - Garmisch - Mittenwald [daytrip]
day 11 - Garmisch - Oberammergau - Linderhof [daytrip]
day 12 - Garmisch - Munich
day 13 - Munich - Berchtesgaden
day 14 - Berchtesgaden (or Ramsau) - (Herrenchiemsee) [daytrip]
day 15 – Berchtesgaden - Koenigssee [daytrip]
day 16 – Berchtesgaden - Salzburg [daytrip]
day 17 - Berchtesgaden - Werfen ice caves [daytrip] - St Gilgen
day 18 - St Gilgen
day 19 - St Gilgen – Hallstatt [daytrip] - Cesky Krumlov
day 20 – Cesky Krumlov
day 21 – Cesky Krumlov – Prague
day 22 – Prague
day 23 – Prague
day 24 – Prague – Dresden
day 25 – Dresden – Berlin
day 26 – Berlin - Potsdam [daytrip]
day 27 – Berlin
day 28 – Berlin
day 29 – Berlin
day 30 – Berlin
I'm considering also Mosel and Rhine valley and Lake Constance region. Feel free to cut, add or exchange some part or the whole itinerary.
Please, help !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 2 Train(s) from Lucerne to Barcelona?
- 3 South Downs National Park, United Kingdom
- 4 Corsica
- 5 Help with itinerary: Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 7 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 8 강남풀싸롱O1O 2145 4594め《강남풀싸롱》↔《강남풀싸롱》
- 9 One day in Lille, France
- 10 May get together in Paris
- 11 태양성카지노❤【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】❤슈퍼카지노태양성카지노
- 12 타짜카지노」⇔经⇔《 NA428。TK 》 经⇔⇔「월드카지노타짜카지노
- 13 우리카지노❤【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】❤슈퍼카지노우리카지노
- 14 정통카지노」⇔经⇔《 NA428。TK 》 经⇔⇔「월드카지노정통카지노
- 15 정선카지노☻【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】☻슈퍼카지노정선카지노
- 16 세븐카지노」⇔心⇔《 NA428。TK 》 心⇔⇔「월드카지노세븐카지노
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 19 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 YIKES!
- 22 The Vermin are a Back
- 23 travel around Spain
- 24 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...