Hello World Travelers,
I am looking to you all and your collective worldly brilliance for some guidance. At the end of July I am travelling for work to Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany. In an attempt to extend this work stay into a vacation I am looking for input on recommendations of places to go, routes to take, things to avoid, etc.
No flights, ground transport, or hotels have been booked yet so I have a blank page to work with. The only thing I know is that I need to be in Bietigheim on 7/28 staying until 8/1. The earliest I can leave from the US to Europe would be the night on 7/25 and then I can extend as long as desired after 8/1, but I would most likely be staying around a week afterward since I eventually need to get back to work. Costs are not a huge concern but also not aiming for anything overly outrageous.
I have looked at many options such as flying into Amsterdam before Beitigheim and then going southward toward Rome for the following week, but I am at a loss for what would be the best use of the time. I want to enjoy my time and not feel like I am always travelling but ultimately want to see/do as much in the time available as possible. I am open to trying new things and would love to hear what you all like best from museums to mountains and biking to beers.
Now I am looking to pick from your wisdom and experiences to help guide me in the right direction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 12 car for four adults and four bikes
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
Hello World Travelers,