Hello World Travelers,
I am looking to you all and your collective worldly brilliance for some guidance. At the end of July I am travelling for work to Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany. In an attempt to extend this work stay into a vacation I am looking for input on recommendations of places to go, routes to take, things to avoid, etc.
No flights, ground transport, or hotels have been booked yet so I have a blank page to work with. The only thing I know is that I need to be in Bietigheim on 7/28 staying until 8/1. The earliest I can leave from the US to Europe would be the night on 7/25 and then I can extend as long as desired after 8/1, but I would most likely be staying around a week afterward since I eventually need to get back to work. Costs are not a huge concern but also not aiming for anything overly outrageous.
I have looked at many options such as flying into Amsterdam before Beitigheim and then going southward toward Rome for the following week, but I am at a loss for what would be the best use of the time. I want to enjoy my time and not feel like I am always travelling but ultimately want to see/do as much in the time available as possible. I am open to trying new things and would love to hear what you all like best from museums to mountains and biking to beers.
Now I am looking to pick from your wisdom and experiences to help guide me in the right direction.
Help Needed with European Adventure
Hello World Travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Venice hotel selection
- 3 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 Augsburg with kids
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 May trip to the islands
- 8 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 9 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 14 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 19 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 20 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 21 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 22 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 He said , she said