Hello World Travelers,
I am looking to you all and your collective worldly brilliance for some guidance. At the end of July I am travelling for work to Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany. In an attempt to extend this work stay into a vacation I am looking for input on recommendations of places to go, routes to take, things to avoid, etc.
No flights, ground transport, or hotels have been booked yet so I have a blank page to work with. The only thing I know is that I need to be in Bietigheim on 7/28 staying until 8/1. The earliest I can leave from the US to Europe would be the night on 7/25 and then I can extend as long as desired after 8/1, but I would most likely be staying around a week afterward since I eventually need to get back to work. Costs are not a huge concern but also not aiming for anything overly outrageous.
I have looked at many options such as flying into Amsterdam before Beitigheim and then going southward toward Rome for the following week, but I am at a loss for what would be the best use of the time. I want to enjoy my time and not feel like I am always travelling but ultimately want to see/do as much in the time available as possible. I am open to trying new things and would love to hear what you all like best from museums to mountains and biking to beers.
Now I am looking to pick from your wisdom and experiences to help guide me in the right direction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 5 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 SURPRISE TRIP
- 9 Jewish Vienna
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 Reaching the Lake District
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 seat reservations
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Brussels flower tapestry
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Moldova and Transnistria
Hello World Travelers,