Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Scenic Driving Routes
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 6 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 7 Flights from Croatia
- 8 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 9 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 10 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 11 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 12 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 13 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 14 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 15 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 21 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 22 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 25 Paris---baguette question???