Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Help needed with England & Scotland trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 2 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Porto -City Break
- 5 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Street food in Turkey
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Paris in April?
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 18 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 19 Prague - Tram #22
- 20 Day trip from London to Paris
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam