Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Rome to Venice
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 10 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Sicily help
- 15 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 16 Christmas markets
- 17 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 18 PARIS
- 19 Germany or Sweden
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 22 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 23 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 24 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 25 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize