Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Questions about Polish sights
- 6 Italy
- 7 4 days itinerary for France
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 18 where to stay in London?
- 19 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 20 vienna
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 25 Juangfrau / mt