Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Help needed with England & Scotland trip
- 1 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 2 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 3 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 4 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 5 HELP stuck in Italy
- 6 I Need To Vent!
- 7 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 10 Train tickets
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 San Lorenzo Market
- 13 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 14 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 15 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 16 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 17 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 18 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 19 Cuenca or Toledo
- 20 Wimpy's
- 21 semi escorted tours
- 22 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 23 France: CDG to Beaune
- 24 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 25 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.