Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona extension
- 2 gare de nord
- 3 Our time in Rome
- 4 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 5 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 Enjoying England for a year!
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 French Riviera
- 10 Madrid city centre?
- 11 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 12 Southern Italy
- 13 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 14 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 15 Ireland driving itinerary
- 16 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 17 England in a week - what's realistic
- 18 Stonehenge and Bath
- 19 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 20 Iceland: When to Go
- 21 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux