Three of us will be travelilng to London on Wed., March 20th - Monday, April 1st. We need a bit of help with our itinerary. I've already been to London countless times and my husband is more interested in seeing smaller towns & lots of pubs. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
1. Wed., March 20th - arrive in London @ 6am. Rent car from Heathrow and drive to Windsor. We are staying with my friend in Bristol for the next 3 nights, so we have the day at our leisure. need recommendations here -- I realize we'll be jetlagged.
2. Thursday, March 21st - Saturday am: home base in Bristol. Day trips to Bath, The Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon. Any other suggestions?
3. Leave Saturday morning for either overnight in York or as an alternative, Chester. I need to be in Manchester by the next afternoon for a conference, so Chester is definitely closer. Any tips here would be appreciated.
4. Sunday - Wednesday morning: Manchester for conference. My husband & father will be touring around during the days.
5. Wed. morning leave for the Lake District. home base in Keswick. 2 nights.
6. Friday morning depart for Edinburgh. Detour to Stirling Castle perhaps? overnight in Edinburgh.
7. Saturday afternoon take train to London. 2 nights in London before we fly out on Monday.
Thanks for your help!
Help needed with England & Scotland trip
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 4 Which travel plan?
- 5 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 11 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 12 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 21 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 22 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 23 15 days in Europe,
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 London for Christmas