I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best daypack ?
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 4 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 5 SURPRISE TRIP
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Europe for Beginners
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 13 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 14 Use of Train Tickets
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 17 Short time in Vienna
- 18 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 21 Iceland in January/February
- 22 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 23 Valencia Spain
- 24 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition