I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 4 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 5 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 6 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 7 French Election - Questions???
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 2 weeks Europe trip
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 12 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 19 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 French election
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 25 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017