I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 2 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 3 Seville in late January
- 4 Norfolk base
- 5 Berlin restaurant recs
- 6 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 7 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 8 RFID Protection
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 11 Drinks in Spain
- 12 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 Beaches in Southern France
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 18 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 19 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 20 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 21 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 24 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 25 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.