I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 2 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 3 where to stay in Malta
- 4 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 5 Visiting Spain in January
- 6 Where to stay in London?
- 7 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 8 Loving Lisbon
- 9 Booking hotels before trains
- 10 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 11 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 12 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 13 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 What type of visa is right for me?
- 18 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 19 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 20 RHK's Fall escape
- 21 1 way ticket
- 22 Vienna to Bratislava
- 23 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 24 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania