I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 3 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 4 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 7 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 8 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 9 Dover queues
- 10 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 13 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 14 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 15 From London to Paris to US
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 18 Greece Experts
- 19 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 20 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 Ireland driving itinerary
- 24 Greece Itinerary
- 25 Germany and Austria trip report