I am planning a family trip to Venice and Croatia, via Slovenia, and I am hoping for some help from those of you who have experience from these areas.
What I have in mind is for us to fly in and out of Venice (with Ryanair from Paris), spend about 2 - 3 days in Venice (first visit, so all the must-sees), rent a car and drive to Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia to hike the park and see the waterfalls, return to Venice in time for our return flight (or the day before, depending on flight schedule).
We will have 7 – 8 days, will travel in April 2012, we are a family of five (kids 14, 12 and 10).
My questions are:
1. What would you suggest as interesting stops between Venice and Plitvicka Jezera National Park?
2. Will one full day (2 nights) be enough to see the main sights of the Plitvicka Jezera National Park in Croatia?
3. Should we cut one day from Venice and maybe try to drive down to Dubrovnik as well, maybe taking a ferry back to Venice from there?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Help needed with a Venice-Slovenia-Croatia trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 2 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 6 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 7 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 Rome---August and September
- 14 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 15 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 16 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 17 South of France November Trip Report
- 18 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 19 Clearsky Holidays
- 20 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 21 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 22 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 23 Luggage sizing
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express